Skip to main content

Things to do...

My Mom is on her way, my Mom is on her way, my Mom is on her way!!! Yay! I am so excited to have her visit. I know it is a long trip and rather costly, but we are so thankful that she's taking on the adventure. I've planned some fun things to see/do in addition to our upcoming trip to China. The girls' carriers finally arrived this week. I ordered them 2 months ago, knowing that there would be a lot of walking on our trip and not much stroller friendly spaces. Anyway, I was getting rather worried they weren't going to arrive, but they did!
Chris made it home on Friday night. The girls talked his ear off for over an hour. Kids obviously have no real sense of time as a long time is simply a long time. Claire was updating him on things that happened over the summer. It was quite funny. We have a King sized bed, but even that wasn't quite big enough with all FOUR of us in it! The girls were so excited to see their daddy and they'd been sleeping with me for the past 6 weeks, so we gave in to their request.
After much debating, I decided NOT to apply for the job. I am going to stick to my original plan and see what happens.
I did finish our Christmas cards. They are ordered! PHew. Now I just have to let my dear sister Jessica, that they are being sent to her house ;) Oh---and that I'd like her to mail them. Maybe she can write the Christmas letter too ;) Only kidding....
I have 1 more paper to write and my classes are complete. AMEN! Again, the classes are a breeze, but it is tough juggling all the balls I have in the air at once. Several of those balls are no longer an issue, so life is quickly getting better and much less stressful.
Better run. I have cookies to frost, kids to bathe, groceries to buy, and preparations to make because in just over 12 hours, my MOM will be HERE!!! Have I told you I am excited???

Comments

Jessica said…
Sounds fun..Have a great time with Mom! We will entertain Dad over Thanksgiving! I may be skipping Christmas cards this year. I can't seem to get things together! Don't worry I will send yours still! Anyway, Thanks again for the baby stuff! We are forever grateful!

Love ya,
J
Erin said…
Jess - congrats on the baby!

Kara - I can't imagine how excited you are to have your mom coming...I know you saw her this summer but it's already November and so I am sure you miss her (plus - what an experience for her!). I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about your trip to China, my friends went and said it was an amazing time!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...