Skip to main content

Good heavens...


Sweet girl. She fell asleep with the animal crackers tucked in tightly. 
We have a sick little girl in our family. She's been up at night, restless, a bit more lethargic during the day. She does manage to throw a few smiles our way as well as spark a fight with Claire, but she is just not the same. Poor thing. Chris had the day off on Monday as did the girls. He enjoyed watching the Patriots secure their trip to the Superbowl, although he tells me watching a game while listening to the jibber jabber of two busy children is less than desirable. He wants his cake and to eat it too. I was working. Who had it worse? Ha! I stayed home yesterday. We had a great day. We read books, played a game, took a nap, I planned my sister's baby shower (so exciting and such fun!), and lounged around with lots of snuggling. I did not get this blog updated. I've kind of fallen off the wagon of blogging. Here's the run down on us:
1. We went to our first movie in the Korean theater on Sunday. It was nice. Claire started asking why the Korean workers like her so much? I found that question rather amusing as we've lived her a year and a half and in that time, she's had her picture taken thousands of time and has been picked up by so many strangers who ooo and ahhh over her, yet, she is just now asking why? Funny stuff.
2. We discovered our new favorite tv show--Modern Family. We'd seen a few episodes, but never watched consistently. We wandered down to our favorite dvd store, picked up the first two seasons. It is now our favorite evening past time after we put the kids to bed. So funny.
3. We are STILLLL waiting on news of our next assignment. I am now to the point where I forget about not knowing. It is pushed back to some unknown corner of my brain where only when I am asked, does it even come to mind. Waiting stinks.
4. I ordered my first pair of skinny jeans. This is huge. I swore I'd never wear a pair, but I got the most amazing boots for Christmas and they definitely require a skinny jean. Can't wait for Saturday when they arrive!


5. Mya has become pretty independent with the potty. She uses it as an excuse to get out of bed at night. Now we let her go, but we let her do it without assistance. Well, that independence lead to a shocking surprise later that night. Chris went in to bring  her to our bed (she hasn't been sleeping well and wakes up crying) only to discover her naked from the waist down. So funny.
6. Saku Saku (or Korean chicken as known to Claire and Mya) is addicting and so darn yummy. Good thing I waited until 6 months before I am leaving Korea to try it or I may have been 300 pounds by now. Oh my. It. is. delicious. Claire and Mya both eat 4 pieces each. I am certain it is laced with some sort of drug. It has to be. :) Mmmmm, so good.
7. Chris finally finished Mya's 2nd video and Claire's 3rd summarizing their year of life. He had fallen behind when his plate became so full with work, grad school, etc., but I am thrilled to say that he is almost caught up. I will post them soon. So cute. The girls LOVE watching them. We watch each one almost daily. Such a wonderful keepsake.
8. I had our car washed for the first time since August. Ha. When I pulled up to the car wash during a light sprinkle, the guy thought I was crazy. However, it looked lovely. Now, of course, it is dirty again. Oiy. I need a car wash  attendant and a maid--oh yeah, I fired her in December. Ugh. Maybe I can clone myself. That would solve so many issues ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mya looks so cute! Glad you have some clothes on the poor kid. Can't wait to see the skinny jeans! I will just be happy to get into my regular jeans. Saw you called but I was working.

Love ya, J
April said…
Had to chuckle at this, Abby is doing the same thing-- stalling at bedtime or getting up in wee hours to go potty. Ahhhh, the joyful manipulative mind of a two-year-old ;)

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought