Skip to main content

T minus 10 days...

10 days. Yep, that's it. In 10 days (or less) we will know our destination. This wait has been intolerable. We actually caught word a few weeks ago that we may be headed to San Antonio and though we knew this was far from definite, we leaped into planning mode (you know, just in case ;). Four months is not nearly enough time to find an appropriate house, great school for Claire, preschool for Mya, and a job for me. San Antonio was second on our list, so it could be a real possibility. Needless to say, if San Antonio is our future home, we are all set. We found everything we were looking for and more (not to mention family to love on our kids and sunshine galore). So exciting. That being said, now that we have our hearts on Texas, even if we get our #1 choice (Ramstein, Germany), I think we will feel a twinge of disappointment. Strange and wrong on so many levels. I am trying to reopen that door again today in preparation for the "drop." 10 days. Yikes! I can't wait!
In other news, the couch guy picked up our sofas on Thursday. The kids are loving the camp out, rustic style we've been experiencing, but my bum is not so happy with the idea. :) The only upside to the situation is the floors in Korea are heated. I can't quite imagine living as many Koreans traditionally do--sleeping on the floor laying only on a thin mat. Ugh!  Tomorrow may be a day spent in our bed :) We are far too American.

Comments

Anonymous said…
More room to dance to Justin Bieber when the furniture is out. Perhaps you could put up that ping pong table or a trampoline in there instead of couches.

Love ya,
J

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...