Skip to main content

A day of all days...

Yesterday was a day from HELL, I tell you. HELL! All started out fine. I did the work thing, went to the lab during my lunch hour to take a PG test to confirm I am not, I repeat, NOT pregnant as necessary for my HSG test later in the day. I returned to work for a few hours, picked up Chris and mosied to Landstuhl for the test.

Total awesomeness! The test was horrible. It hurt almost as bad as the pain of contractions. Fitting, I suppose as that is the objective. Anyway, survived. (I updated the post "ANSWERS" for those of you wanting to know specifics on that end.)

Returned to work, watched Claire run her laps for marathon club-23 to be exact. Wore me out just watching.

Headed off base to pick up Mya at school. On my way, heard a phone ringing. Couldn't find the phone. Finally did. Called the person back. Discovered the caller was the GM dealership who was fixing our car--headlight and checkup. The car needs work, apparently, "extensive work." Of course, the warranties all expired while we were in Korea. Total awesomeness again! The parts will take 2-3 weeks to be shipped here. The car is usable, but will cost us an arm and a leg to fix unless GM will give us a break. The story is yet to unfold.

Finally arrived at school to pick up Mya only to find her in a pull up. Awesomeness for the THIRD time today. She was tickled pink to be in a pull up. I was livid, but partially to blame. She messes around in her backpack constantly. Apparently, she took out her spare undies and pants, so she was wearing extras from the school. Why they went to a pull up vs. undies is not known, but it was quite a struggle getting her out of them. She loves pull ups. Always has. I resorted to throwing all the extras in our house out, as she loved to put them on! What a kid! Anyway, on my way out, I was NOT in a good mood as I was having cramps from the HSG and quite honestly, on the verge of a mental/emotional meltdown when the new assistant director stopped me to ask "did they inform you of what happened." Ummm, no. Anyway, I was rude. I probably should apologize. It was totally me, I know that,but really....what is there to tell?? My kid is in pull ups. I am not a rocket scientist, but I can gather that she must have had an accident??!! The question is WHY? She is nearly 4 years old??!!!  Whatever.

The drama was over, I was crabby. I called my parents. Life is better. Chris shaved the mustache, furlough intents have been issued though I haven't received mine yet, my outlook has improved as I look forward to my time off, and I feel good once again. What a difference a day makes ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yuck! Sounds like a bad day! Is that all the director told you? She had an accident? Hope today is looking brighter!


Love ya, J
Kara said…
Hey, I tried to call you yesterday. I was going to fill you in on the HSG and also need you to send that text to the bank lady again. Apparently, the banks are on backorder until late April. Didn't think you'd care, but she said she deleted the text as she thought it was random??! Duh. I emailed her minutes later telling her, but whatever. Today is much better, thanks.
Anonymous said…
Yeah I'm off today so call when you can!

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???