Skip to main content

Random shandom..

This is my catch up post...
-Our first niece, Olivia turned 13 on the 13th! Her golden birthday! I was there for her birth, I am her godmother, and spent alot of time with her until moving from ND. We love you, Livi! I hope you had a fabulous day!
-Our nephew and Godson, Jackson, celebrated his 1st birthday on the 13th. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACKSON!
-Chris spent the weekend in Munich for a beer festival. He survived, though suffered a bit. We are glad he is back. I missed the spaciousness of having only him in my bed. The girls slept with me and while I say "with me," I basically mean "ON me."
-One downside to living overseas is vehicle maintenance. In Korea this was a MAJOR problem as the auto crew on base could hardly speak Korlish (a Korean version of English--word coined by ME), so there was little to no hope of dealing with recalls, etc. We dealt with a headlight being out for 6 months, finally getting it replaced just so we could ship it. Anyway, same problem happened this fall. Headlight went out. We paid $80 to replace it (supposedly the tire needs to be removed to access the bulb), it went out again and a friend came to our rescue saving us the $80 and showing Chris how to do it himself. AWESOME! The bulb went out once again, this time I knew it wasn't the stupid bulb, but a wiring issue. Chris brought it in and the guy quoted about $300 when all was done. He also said he's fixed this same wiring repeatedly. It will likely work for 5 months, then melt again. We talked about selling the car simply because the idea of investing $300 every 6 months is insane. I called my parents who called some people. There was a recall on the part!! Yippee! I jumped on the GM website and emailed their "contact us" people to hook us up. They did. The next day I was emailing with a nice lady in Germany who set us up with an appointment. We are bringing the car in today. I couldn't be more excited!
-My Mom is coming in less than TWO weeks! We are thrilled.The kids have no idea of how long 2 weeks actually is, so I am going to put together a countdown system.
-With her impending arrival in 2 weeks, that also means we are less than 3 weeks away from GREEK adventures! I am SOOOO excited!
-I filed our taxes by myself for the first time since being married. When we lived in MA, we had an accountant do them. In Korea, base legal actually prepped and filed them for FREE. That service is not available here. Apparently, the legal office is there for assistance and will watch you prepare them, so I decided I could do it myself. We do have H&R Block on base, but spending $150 on tax preparation is $150 I could use shopping!
-I have been taking classes like a crazy woman so I can move to the MA + 30 pay lane. I just moved up to MA+15 this year, but I have already taken 5 credits. I am pleased to say I have 1 credit left for my Autism Certificate. Yahoo! I just finished my SPED law class. Growing up I had visions/thoughts of becoming a lawyer. Thank goodness that didn't pan out. I think I'd be sticking needles in  my eyeballs everyday. Torture! Seriously. I am all for upholding what is right, but really....BORING.
-Most of you know about my little etsy shop. It is my creative outlet. I love to make invitations or create something special for customers. February was my ALL TIME best month! I had at least 1 sale everyday, which isn't a ton of money, but it is a nice extra. Well, I don't want to curse myself, but I am on that same path for March! AWESOME! It is such a thrill to see orders waiting for me when I wake up each morning. This morning, I had 3 in addition to the 2 that I completed before I went to sleep last night! Totally makes me happy. Now if only I didn't have to wake up at 5am to squeeze it all in....

Okay, enough rambling. Pictures will come later...Adios!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Olivia will love the shout out! On her birthday, Phil and I were talking about labor etc...I was so glad you were there on that special day! Phil was sick, remember? It would have been so boring without you! What an awesome and special time! So glad you were there! Love you
L

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought