Skip to main content

Gradually Slowing Down...

the crazy train that is, not me. I am not slowing down. Too much to do in so little time ;) We had a great weekend. We didn't DO alot, went basically nowhere, but my head is much clearer and I feel we have a plan in place.
This is what we accomplished:
1. I made a list of all the things I want/need to get done.
2. I made homemade oreos and gave nearly all to neighbors and Chris' work friends.
3. I created little Halloween treats for Claire and Mya's friends at school.
4. Laundry was washed & dried.
5. I began going through the stacks of papers that have become my recipes, cutting and filing appropriately.
6. I prepared the new meatball recipe that we will eat for dinner tonight.
7. I put together the salad I brought to work for a luncheon today.
8. I made Mya's lunch for today.
9. Chris fixed the hole in the bike tire so Mya can work on riding a bike with two wheels.
10. Chris put up the crib.
11. I updated the software on my computer and Chris attempted to update my ipad for me (darn internet in Germany is horrid--cannot sustain a connection long enough to complete this task).
12. The pumpkin is carved and we watched our first Halloween movie.
AND THE BEST NEWS OF ALL.....
13. We may have come across a solution for Mya's school schedule.
Out of fear of looking like an unprofessional person, I haven't asked my supervisor/principal at work about rearranging my schedule a bit to accomodate picking up Mya. After hemming and hawing about it all weekend, I knew this was what I had to do. I work with the most wonderful, family friendly people ever. I am so blessed. Not sure why I was worried, but I did finally muster up the courage to have a face to face conversation with him. I explained the situation, offered my proposal to move my lunch/prep period to the end of the day--leave work, pick up Mya and return to work 40 minutes later. He gave his approval, said that was absolutely fine. PHew! Problem solved. It will still be a bit of a pain, but now Mya won't go to an FCC provider at all. Chris will bring her to school in the morning and I will pick her up in the afternoon. Simple. Smooth. And, all in the family, which is how I like it. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. And just like that, the crazy train is slowing down and I am loving it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Why would you make your own laundry soap??? Still wondering about that! Next thing it will be only organic food and unpasteurized dairy products :) First step off crazy train, buy your laundry soap! Just some unsolicited advice.
Love ya, even if you are crazy,
L
Kara said…
Don't be a hater. I have to wait for 3 of the ingredients to arrive in the mail ;) I'll let you know how well it works. Just think of the things you could buy when you save that $10 per month! Yeah, I will NEVER go the unpasteurized route, but do buy some organic stuff. No money saved there that's for sure. Can't wait to shop in the US again. We pay an arm and a leg for anything and everything.

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought