Skip to main content

Gradually Slowing Down...

the crazy train that is, not me. I am not slowing down. Too much to do in so little time ;) We had a great weekend. We didn't DO alot, went basically nowhere, but my head is much clearer and I feel we have a plan in place.
This is what we accomplished:
1. I made a list of all the things I want/need to get done.
2. I made homemade oreos and gave nearly all to neighbors and Chris' work friends.
3. I created little Halloween treats for Claire and Mya's friends at school.
4. Laundry was washed & dried.
5. I began going through the stacks of papers that have become my recipes, cutting and filing appropriately.
6. I prepared the new meatball recipe that we will eat for dinner tonight.
7. I put together the salad I brought to work for a luncheon today.
8. I made Mya's lunch for today.
9. Chris fixed the hole in the bike tire so Mya can work on riding a bike with two wheels.
10. Chris put up the crib.
11. I updated the software on my computer and Chris attempted to update my ipad for me (darn internet in Germany is horrid--cannot sustain a connection long enough to complete this task).
12. The pumpkin is carved and we watched our first Halloween movie.
AND THE BEST NEWS OF ALL.....
13. We may have come across a solution for Mya's school schedule.
Out of fear of looking like an unprofessional person, I haven't asked my supervisor/principal at work about rearranging my schedule a bit to accomodate picking up Mya. After hemming and hawing about it all weekend, I knew this was what I had to do. I work with the most wonderful, family friendly people ever. I am so blessed. Not sure why I was worried, but I did finally muster up the courage to have a face to face conversation with him. I explained the situation, offered my proposal to move my lunch/prep period to the end of the day--leave work, pick up Mya and return to work 40 minutes later. He gave his approval, said that was absolutely fine. PHew! Problem solved. It will still be a bit of a pain, but now Mya won't go to an FCC provider at all. Chris will bring her to school in the morning and I will pick her up in the afternoon. Simple. Smooth. And, all in the family, which is how I like it. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. And just like that, the crazy train is slowing down and I am loving it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Why would you make your own laundry soap??? Still wondering about that! Next thing it will be only organic food and unpasteurized dairy products :) First step off crazy train, buy your laundry soap! Just some unsolicited advice.
Love ya, even if you are crazy,
L
Kara said…
Don't be a hater. I have to wait for 3 of the ingredients to arrive in the mail ;) I'll let you know how well it works. Just think of the things you could buy when you save that $10 per month! Yeah, I will NEVER go the unpasteurized route, but do buy some organic stuff. No money saved there that's for sure. Can't wait to shop in the US again. We pay an arm and a leg for anything and everything.

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???