Skip to main content

Trying to get off the CRAZY train....

I can't believe I've we've survived the last two months. They  have been purely crazy. I shared that we enrolled Mya in a new preschool program in August. Although it is truly amazing and EXACTLY what she needs, the schedule is less than desirable. Right now Chris and our friend, Erika have been taking turns dropping off the kiddos (Mya and her buddy Asa) at 8:15, then Erika (or sometimes me) picks them up at 2:00. We bring them to an FCC provider who is located at a neighboring village--about 10 minutes from our house where they stay until we are done with work. For Mya, it ends up to be about an hour or so. It is a huge pain as I then have to go pick her up, back track either back to base or home, get done with whatever I need, load up the car and take the kids to the next activity.  I've searched high and low for someone to help us. Someone to rescue us from this burden. Someone to simply pick up Mya and watch her for a few hours or even just drop her off to me at work. Whatever. I desperately want this complicated, crazy situation to become simpler.

Well my friends, base soccer is coming to an end. That means 2 evenings a week will be filled with nothingness--at least temporarily. It will likely be simpler until November when we get back into our swimming schedule. Claire will still participate in the German soccer academy that is held on the weekends with games on Monday evenings, but Chris typically takes her to the weekend practice and I or both of us if possible, go to the game. Two weeks ago, when funding was reinstated for programs, Claire decided to quit ballet. Ordinarily this would not be an option as both Chris and I firmly believe in teaching our children that they must finish everything they start, but since there is no real ending to ballet, I let it go. Ballet isn't going to be a life long activity and quite frankly, I want her heart to be happy.

Chris goes to work at 7:10 and doesn't finish until 6:30 or later every night. That means he has about one hour with his family every evening. Such a shame. I know this is part of the rank game. The higher you go, the more intense life gets and the more demanding the schedule becomes. Perhaps this is also why most wives/spouses of Captains/Majors and above do not work outside the home. Hmmm.

I have so much I want/need to get done. I signed up for 2 more classes so that I can move to the last pay lane, which will be a shift that I will carry with me when I change jobs. 2 more classes simply means many pages to read and several papers to write. More to do.There are boxes that need going through, things that need selling, projects that need to get completed before this baby arrives in March. So much work, which requires so much time. These are the days that I truly hate living so far away from my family. They would drop everything and help us with whatever if we lived closer or at least not an ocean apart.

So, here I am, making a list, trying to coordinate the impossible with the already filled calendar in hopes of making our lives a wee bit simpler. Chris suggested I start looking for a nanny. I am just not convinced that a nanny will make life easier or less complicated. We are ultimately preparing for another deployment before our time in Germany is up, so our planning is very much long term--vacations, life, activities, childcare, etc. How to make life as least complicated as possible assuming I will be the only here to execute. That is the task at hand. If only I had time to contemplate it all. 

This too shall pass....

Comments

Kara said…
Yes, Jessica I know what you are going to say--you want to make life simpler YET you are making your own laundry detergent??? No comment. :)
Anonymous said…
Ha! That is exactly what I was going to say!!! Too funny! ! I didn't know if you wanted that out there for the world to see! You could use some help though as I'm not sure how you do
it all. Wish I would have gotten more fine before the third trimester fatigue set in. Nate assures me there is still plenty of time to get stuff done.
Love ya, J

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Claire, Mya and the NEWS

Chris and I had this elaborate plan on how we were going to share the news with our girls. I ordered adorable shirts, which took forever to get here. They were supposed to ship Oct. 4, but didn't. I am not a patient soul at all. I love to share good news and spread the excitement. We went to a German doctor last week for a gender reveal ultrasound. He was 99% certain of his selection. Claire and I began looking at clothes online. She asked questions about why we were looking at baby clothing, but thankfully, my sister has a little guy and a baby girl who is due in December. They are my perfect excuses for all things baby! Claire asked nothing more and began pointing out things we should buy Jackson or the new baby girl. Our weekends typically involve partaking in a local event or just relaxing, which means a trip to the KMCC Mall. Saturday we went shopping or at least looking. Once again, the girls became excited, choosing items for Jackson or the new baby girl. I decided I cou