Skip to main content

Good Friends

 
 
 
 
We are fortunate to have some good friends a few of whom came over on Saturday for a little party. It was great. The initial purpose was to scrapbook, but I can't say I got anything accomplished. Heather and Erin managed to pull together a few pages. It was fun visiting with everyone. We ate some good food, enjoyed some drinks (a bit too much in my case--ugh!!), and visited by the fire. It was a nice change from the norm. Claire was tuckered out by the end of the night. She fell asleep in my arms.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Erin&Joshua said…
Thank you guys for such a great time! Josh, myself, and even Hunter really enjoyed ourselves and can't wait till we can get together again. I plan on finishing my pages tonight and posting them . . . I agree, I didn't get much accomplished but it was just nice to have some many people to spend time with! I hope that both you and Claire are feeling better. I am sticking your invitation in tne mail tommorrow - graduation is the saturday of Memorial Day weekend. We would love to have your family up if you are able to make it :)
Nick Marquez said…
Thanks for having us over...it was a great time! Ethan sure did crash when we got home. I hope Claire feels better soon and her teeth grow in quickly. (Not looking forward to that)

Oh and the food was amazing!!! Veggie pizza rocks.
Nick
Anonymous said…
Ok so next time you should invite me. I know I am a million states away, but it is the thought that counts. AND you never know maybe one day I will show up out of the blue!

Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...