Skip to main content

Sliding

 
 
 
 
Claire is loving the slide at daycare, so Chris and I took her to the playground across the street. She was a bit timid at first, hanging onto the edge with both hands while she went down, but loved it. She can actually push herself to get going. It seems like a tall order for a scrawny 9 month old, but she does it well. Her face is rather comical. She closes her eyes and opens her mouth. It doesn't look like she loves it, but she is all smiles afterward. Hmmm. Maybe her smiles are relief that the hair raising experience is done. I hadn't thought of that.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the face.. She is so precious! Enjoy your blog and watching Claire grow and develop. Love to y'all! Aunt Karen
Anonymous said…
Claire has a bit of static electricity going on!!! OR maybe she is sporting the "hawk" again!

Love ya,
Jessica
Anonymous said…
So cute! I am unsure if it is joy or terror in her facial expression. I am sure she is loving it outside. We want to see her...it has been way too long since Christmas.
Uncle Phil and Auntie Lisa, Olivia, Luke and Ava
Erin&Joshua said…
Look what I miss when I leave my computer off for a day! Claire, it looked like you are going to be a big fan of roller coasters.

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???