Skip to main content

10 Months

Claire is 10 months old today. How time flies! People have always told us to enjoy every minute with our baby because they fly by, but it is hard to truly understand until their gone. We have cherished the past 10 months. Claire is doing great. She has mastered crawling, going up the stairs, feeding herself, beginning to wave "bye-bye," imitates "so big" after doing it with help a few times, does a bit of talking and she's attempting to stand independently. She can stand for a couple of seconds before she falls down, but it is coming along. She is finally starting to initiate it herself, which is a big step forward.
In the past month, Claire has begun to show some fear. She tears up when Harvest barks around her.
She is still very petite. In fact, she is currently wearing 6 month clothing, which is great because she can wear Ava's clothes even though Ava was born in April. My big worry about the seasons not coordinating hasn't been an issue afterall.
Claire has really developed an interest in other kids. She loves to watch them regardless of what they are doing. This is also the case in books. She loves to look at books with babies pictured. It is adorable. She actually gives them kisses. Claire has 6 teeth--4 on top, 2 on the bottom. Occasionally, she goes in for the bite. It is fabulous. She actually bit me so hard that my skin actually puckered. It hurt! And to think we have a few more years of this behavior--ugh!!
She has a couple of nicknames--Clairebear(my Dad called me Karabeara, so I am passing it on) & Clairacita (her Spanish flava). She actually responds to all of them.
We have been persistent on her falling asleep on her own. We've set up a routine: bath, books, milk, music, sleep. So far, so good. She cries for a bit, but we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. That being said, she does wake in the middle of the night, at which time, we bring her to our bed. Small steps!
All in all, Claire is on track. She is a happy kid who hardly cries and most often smiles. She plays independently and is definitely developing a cute little personality with a repetoire full of dramatic faces. Awesome days are ahead.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kara and Claire,
I am glad you both came to North Dakota to see me. I am wondering where I am in all the pictures? I feel I am pretty important especially since the stinkin grizzly bear made the blog!!!
lOVE A CONCERNED AND VALUED READER,
AKA YOUR FAVORITE AUNTIE,Jessica
Anonymous said…
Jessica
In response to not being in pictures...I saw you behind a pillow in one. Don't cover your face if you want to be in pictures.
Your favorite sister,
Lisa

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...