Skip to main content

10 Months

Claire is 10 months old today. How time flies! People have always told us to enjoy every minute with our baby because they fly by, but it is hard to truly understand until their gone. We have cherished the past 10 months. Claire is doing great. She has mastered crawling, going up the stairs, feeding herself, beginning to wave "bye-bye," imitates "so big" after doing it with help a few times, does a bit of talking and she's attempting to stand independently. She can stand for a couple of seconds before she falls down, but it is coming along. She is finally starting to initiate it herself, which is a big step forward.
In the past month, Claire has begun to show some fear. She tears up when Harvest barks around her.
She is still very petite. In fact, she is currently wearing 6 month clothing, which is great because she can wear Ava's clothes even though Ava was born in April. My big worry about the seasons not coordinating hasn't been an issue afterall.
Claire has really developed an interest in other kids. She loves to watch them regardless of what they are doing. This is also the case in books. She loves to look at books with babies pictured. It is adorable. She actually gives them kisses. Claire has 6 teeth--4 on top, 2 on the bottom. Occasionally, she goes in for the bite. It is fabulous. She actually bit me so hard that my skin actually puckered. It hurt! And to think we have a few more years of this behavior--ugh!!
She has a couple of nicknames--Clairebear(my Dad called me Karabeara, so I am passing it on) & Clairacita (her Spanish flava). She actually responds to all of them.
We have been persistent on her falling asleep on her own. We've set up a routine: bath, books, milk, music, sleep. So far, so good. She cries for a bit, but we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. That being said, she does wake in the middle of the night, at which time, we bring her to our bed. Small steps!
All in all, Claire is on track. She is a happy kid who hardly cries and most often smiles. She plays independently and is definitely developing a cute little personality with a repetoire full of dramatic faces. Awesome days are ahead.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kara and Claire,
I am glad you both came to North Dakota to see me. I am wondering where I am in all the pictures? I feel I am pretty important especially since the stinkin grizzly bear made the blog!!!
lOVE A CONCERNED AND VALUED READER,
AKA YOUR FAVORITE AUNTIE,Jessica
Anonymous said…
Jessica
In response to not being in pictures...I saw you behind a pillow in one. Don't cover your face if you want to be in pictures.
Your favorite sister,
Lisa

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Claire, Mya and the NEWS

Chris and I had this elaborate plan on how we were going to share the news with our girls. I ordered adorable shirts, which took forever to get here. They were supposed to ship Oct. 4, but didn't. I am not a patient soul at all. I love to share good news and spread the excitement. We went to a German doctor last week for a gender reveal ultrasound. He was 99% certain of his selection. Claire and I began looking at clothes online. She asked questions about why we were looking at baby clothing, but thankfully, my sister has a little guy and a baby girl who is due in December. They are my perfect excuses for all things baby! Claire asked nothing more and began pointing out things we should buy Jackson or the new baby girl. Our weekends typically involve partaking in a local event or just relaxing, which means a trip to the KMCC Mall. Saturday we went shopping or at least looking. Once again, the girls became excited, choosing items for Jackson or the new baby girl. I decided I cou