Skip to main content

A Mother's Day Surprise!

 


Mother's Day is right around the corner. Chris has been trying to think of a memorable first Mother's Day gift for me, but as usual, I am difficult to shop for. He called me at work this morning with the biggest surprise I've had in awhile. He told me that Claire and I are going to N.D. this weekend! What a great husband! He called my Mom and of course, she was thrilled too. I guess it is a gift to us both. This is her first Mother's Day without her Mom, so I am sure it will help her to be surrounded by her four girls. I spread the word as quickly as I could. The rest of my family was as excited as my Mom. I am thrilled to see my family if only for a couple of days. They truly mean the world to me.

As for my incredible husband, he is one of a kind. He knows just what to do to make me remember why I love him so. He can melt my heart with his thoughtfulness. He has a heart of gold. Claire is lucky to have a Dad like him and I am incredibly fortunate to spend the rest of my life with him. THANK YOU, Chris! I LOVE YOU!

To my family, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU! I LOVE YOU ALL!!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

christopher said…
I think we could have done without the picture... In case anyone is wondering, I am the guy in the middle of the picture, surrounded by all of the fat.
Anonymous said…
I AM SO EXCITED!! I can't wait to see you guys. Ava and I have been hanging out all day. She is waiting for her cousins arrival! Just wait until you see how big these kids have gotten!!!

love ya,
Jessica
Erin&Joshua said…
I thought that picture bore a resemblence to you Chris (please excuse the terrible spelling!). Kara and Claire, I am so excited for you and your trip! Have a great time and we can't wait to see you when you get back. Big Star for Chris!
Erin&Joshua said…
Happy FIRST Mother's Day Kara!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...