Skip to main content

Oreos



My Grandma Arlene was a great baker and cook. She introduced our family to a homemade oreo cookie recipe years ago that EVERYONE loves. Claire and I decided to make some for her Daddy and his friends at training (over 3 dozen). We will ship them off tomorrow, hopefully in time for him to receive them when he returns from his week long camping expedition. I know he will appreciate the little taste of home. Claire had to try her first Oreo too. She liked them, continually saying "mmmmm." I am giving the rest to some friends at school.

Comments

Dan Lavigne said…
Kara, would you be willing to share your Grammys recipe? We absolutly love cooking and love oreo cookies also and would love to try them.
Also, I know you have probably heard this a million times but i will sat it once more. If you need any help with anything please let us know. I cannot gaurantee that we will be able to be there right away but we can try.
Love ya's,
Uncle Dan
Erin&Joshua said…
ok, so I really miss you (and some girlie company) and didn't know if you and Claire might be up for some company. I would be willing to come to you (or if you wanted to do some shopping up here that would be great too). Just let me know because we are not hosting a Christmas Party this year (too few weekends in December) and too much time has gone by already since we have seen you.
Kara said…
Sorry Dan. I would be outcasted from my family if I shared the secret recipe. Thanks for your offers of help. Things are going very well, though. I am successfully independent and luckily, Claire comes along for the ride like a trooper. Hope all is well with you.
Kara said…
Erin,
I have a spa day with friends on Saturday and Claire and I have a Gingerbread House Party the following weekend. We honestly, generally have no life, but my friends are making us busy! We could do the weekend of the 20th. Just let me know if it works for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...