Skip to main content

Reunited and It Feels So Good


Chris and Claire going down the slide.


zoooommmm!


riding the T


claire in the chaos that is our backyard


claire modeling her new Ireland sweatshirt from daddy

We are together again! Life is good. Claire and I picked up Chris late Wednesday night. She ran to her Daddy in the airport, which had to make Chris feel great. He was a bit concerned that she wouldn't remember him or want anything to do with him despite the fact that we had been talking via video while he was deployed. She wouldn't let him put her down. When we arrived home from the airport, Claire wanted nothing to do with Chris. If I left the room, Claire cried. She awoke on Thursday with an attachment to her Daddy and nothing has changed since. If Chris leaves the room, she consistently asks, "Daddy go?" She no longer wants me to do anything for her, but is all about Chris. Cute, but annoying. I do realize that this will change, so I am okay. We had a great weekend. I worked a half day on Thursday, so Claire accompanied Chris to the base for his errands. I took Friday off, so we all went to the base for a visit and in-processing. Fun. I've been wanting to take Claire to the Children's Museum in Boston, so we ventured there on Saturday. It was great. She's ridden on the T (subway) countless times, but this is the first that she has actually been aware of what was going on. She stared out the window, pointed to things, people watched (yes, she is definitely my kiddo) with so many different facial expressions. It was so much fun to watch her. The museum was great, but will be even better when she is a year or so older. She loved each activity that she could do and wanted to them again and again. It was Pi Day--definitely a MIT/Harvardish type of place to celebrate such a day, so they had a music and movement concert. The songs weren't exactly geared toward your average kiddo, so Claire was not so interested. I am sure one day she will value Pi Day like no other, but not this year! (Ok, in truth, I hope she doesn't. I didn't know there was such a day until I began working at my school. Several kids (brains/nerds) actually have shirts that say "Pi Day." Perhaps this is a holiday I wish she not observe.)We returned home to rake the yard, pick up sticks, and attempt a fire (Chris had been dying to have a fire, but obviously needs a bit of practice with lighting them). Claire is an awesome helper. I bought her a small rake before Chris came home, which she LOVES. I definitely see alot of myself in her. She cleans, gardens, does the dishes...very well-trained. On Sunday, we went to church, out to lunch and hung out outside most of the day. I had been looking for some Little Tikes toys for our backyard. We have a small climbing cube with a slide, but needed something a bit bigger. Luckily, we found a great deal on Craigslist. We picked up 2 larger climbing structures that afternoon. Chris and Claire put them together on Sunday while I made dinner. Now our backyard looks like a kid's domain vs. a backyard. Although I don't love it, I guess this is what happens when you have kiddos. All in all, everything is great. We're so glad we are back together again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the update finally. I hate when you leave us hanging! Wish I could have seen the assembly of the toys I'm sure it was interesting. Not that I doubt your skills Chris....Can't wait to see you guys! Where are the pics of you, Kara--we want 2 see progress!

Love ya,Jessica
Erin&Joshua said…
I couldn't agree more Jess. I was dying to know how things went and to officially see Chris on US soil. It sounds like you guys had a great reunification weekend I its so nice to hear that Claire is loving on dad :)

Can't wait to see you guys either. I am officially done at the Mountain the day after Easter - let's schedule a 'playdate'

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Claire, Mya and the NEWS

Chris and I had this elaborate plan on how we were going to share the news with our girls. I ordered adorable shirts, which took forever to get here. They were supposed to ship Oct. 4, but didn't. I am not a patient soul at all. I love to share good news and spread the excitement. We went to a German doctor last week for a gender reveal ultrasound. He was 99% certain of his selection. Claire and I began looking at clothes online. She asked questions about why we were looking at baby clothing, but thankfully, my sister has a little guy and a baby girl who is due in December. They are my perfect excuses for all things baby! Claire asked nothing more and began pointing out things we should buy Jackson or the new baby girl. Our weekends typically involve partaking in a local event or just relaxing, which means a trip to the KMCC Mall. Saturday we went shopping or at least looking. Once again, the girls became excited, choosing items for Jackson or the new baby girl. I decided I cou