Skip to main content

first days






We are now at the end of day #8 since we welcomed Mya into the world. She is doing well. Let me start by saying, this kid can eat. As a result, I went through a few very stressful days after leaving the hospital. Having pumped for 6 months with Claire, I was determined to not go through that again, but was set on giving her breastmilk. Mya nursed well in the hospital, but I couldn't stand feeding for an hour like she could eat. I stupidly attempted to do this for the first three days. It was exhausting, especially at 3 in the morning. Anyway, I devised a plan and so far so good, although Chris is less thrilled as it involves him waking with me each time. The bigger challenge was finding a bottle that she liked. We went through the 3kinds that we had with Claire to no success. I bought 2 more and finally found one that was good--Dr. Brown's. Amen for Dr. Brown. Now I am doing a combination of breast and bottle and feeling great. She's getting what she needs and I can have a break.
Claire is still loving on Mya. She's been really good as far as showing her love and affection.
I am working on the birth announcement. We took photos today and I must say I am very happy with them. Now we wait until the proof is ready for approval. I am doing something different than I did with Claire. I think I will be quite happy.
Her umbilical cord fell off today. It seems early, but the doctor commented that this would be the case during her last exam.
Since figuring out what makes Mya tick, her life consists of eating, pooping, sleeping--in that order. She sleeps for 3-4 hours at a time and hardly cries. She is becoming more alert everyday and reminds me of Claire in so many ways. I know I shouldn't compare, but I look forward to seeing if Mya continues to resemble Claire as she gets older.
We took our first roadtrip to Freeport, ME yesterday. Mya slept most of the way. We stopped one time each way so I could feed her. Mya traveled well and it was a fun day.
All in all, everything is good. My Mom leaves in a couple of days, which makes me very sad. It has been great having her here. I really mean it. She's been a huge help to us and has been Claire's buddy from the get go. My Mom has been great about not stepping on our toes or jumping in to parent our child. When Mya had her fussy moments during the first few days, my Mom figured out first how to soothe her. She truly has been wonderful. I am so glad that we did not have to go through this alone. She has been incredible. Not only am I appreciative of the extra set of hands, but it was great having her there at the hospital. Mya is the first grandchild where she has been present, well almost present, for the birth. I just wish we wouldn't have to wait until July to see her again. I keep telling her that she can move in with us to be our full-time nanny, but she is convinced that if that were the case, I would expect alot more of her than I did this visit. Not so. The invitation/job offer stands. I am so lucky to have such a great family, if only they weren't so far away.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah right..moms right you would work her over then charge her rent...haha! Just teasing. Glad you had a great time..I can't wait to see this little kiddos..she's pretty darn cute!

Love ya,
Jessica
Erin&Joshua said…
FREEPORT!!! Really and you didn't tell us you were coming (we were both really busy yesterday but . . . you are no longer allowed to set food in maine without announcing your arrival at the toll booth!!!!!)

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...