Skip to main content

Everland!

We are below the 9 month countdown until we leave Korea, so we are trying to prioritize what we want to see and do and make a plan. Everland is a Korea must do! It is the Korean Disneyland and the Korean spin of hands on fun makes it better than Disney in alot of ways. We spent the weekend in Seoul, relaxing and spending time together as Chris is off to the States next week for another month long class. Thankfully it is his last one while we are stationed here, but I am really over being the single parent. He just wrapped up the end of the fiscal year, which meant long, long hours of work (even longer than his usual 12 hour days), so again, I am very much OVER this. Anyway, we spent today at Everland focusing on the animal section. They have a safari that I had been it! It was a great experience and hearing Claire and Mya ooo and ahhh over each animal that came close to the vehicle was wonderful. The safari featured lions, tigers, giraffes, elephants, bears, and ligers. The animals wandered freely and came up to the vehicle. The bears stood on their hind legs, which Claire thought was awesome. It was so much fun. We also went to a small petting zoo which was less than exciting--only rabbits, sheep and chicks. We wandered into the bird sanctuary where birds flew freely. I noticed birds landing on people's hands, so Chris bought some seed and tried to entice them too. Claire and Mya also joined in while I tried to capture it on film. We needed some help from a nice Korean guy who lead the birds to our girls' hands. Claire was much more excited about the idea of having a bird perched on her hand than she was when it actually happened, hence the picture. ;) Mya held out her hand and waited for quite a while before one finally came over. She immediately reached out with her left hand and scared the bird away. Again, she waited and finally got one to eat from her hand. It was enough for her. She was thrilled too. They were also offering camel and pony rides. Knowing that there would be several opportunities to ride ponies, we opted to ride the camel. Chris had to ride too as Mya was below the age of 3. Poor, poor camel. ;) It was hilarious watching as the camel took a few breaks while making his way around the beaten trail. They had a great time. The best part was when I asked Claire what she liked the best. In her response, she named every single thing that was saw and did. It was quite obviously a great day for her. We didn't even make it through 1/3 of Everland. Definitely a great Korean adventure and I am betting we all sleep well tonight.




Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Comments

April said…
Great pictures, loving the new format :)
Jessica said…
Hey,
Looks like fun! We were out for supper and a bonfire when you called. Sorry I didn't hear it. I tried to call you back with no luck. Love the pictures, those girls crack me up!

Love ya, j
Lisa said…
Sorry we missed your call. Actually got to go out to supper. Looks like Everland was fun. Glad you continue to love dressing the girls identically. Thanks for finally updating!
Love ya
L

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought