Skip to main content

Happy Halloween!

The Halloween festivities are in full swing here. We attended a "Fall Festival" at my school on Thursday evening and today we enjoyed a "fall festival" at the girls' school. We've managed to keep their costumes a secret until Wednesday when Claire spilled the beans. She was doing so well at keeping the secret, I almost thought she wasn't our child for awhile ;) Claire dressed as "Pinkalicious" and Mya was a cupcake. My Mom and Dad bought Claire the book, "Pinkalicious" for her first birthday. It has been an on-going hit with our girls. They both have the entire book memorized. It is such a cute book where this girl named "Pinkalicious" loves pink. She eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink, which she is thinks is simply beautiful then red, which is less than favorable. She eats her vegetables to turn alleviate her pain. In the meantime, her little brother is envious and devours the last one, then turns pink too. It is a great book. When I was thinking of costumes this year and came across "Pinkalicious," I knew just what Mya could be, although I had to search high and low to find a cute one. Perfection! They were a hit at both festivals. The staff at their school remembered the cute coordination from last year, so they were excited to see them again this year. Now they are wondering what next years will be. ;) Love the anticipation!
Pinkalicious & Her Pink Cupcake


Claire playing toss the ring on the pumpkin stem. Not quite her game as you can see by the displaced rings ;) 


We were trying to get a picture with Mya's best friend, Makenna but we lacked cooperation.

Claire and Makenna. Notice Makenna's squishy face. I am beginning to believe that all 2 year olds go through this phase...

Mya and her friends, Makenna and Tyler. Makenna grabbed Mya's hand and said, "come on, go see Tyler"--and off they went. It was too cute.

Mya dipping into the bubbles with her friends at school.

Claire on her own version of a carriage. She'd better hold out for the real deal and accept no less than "Prince Charming." This girl is Royalty with a capital R, but I may be a bit biased ;)

I am so grateful for this point in time where I can actually get BOTH girls to smile and look on demand almost all the time. AMAZING!

Claire and her beloved teacher, Miss Kim. Miss Kim loves Claire. She told me the other day that Claire greets all the Korean staff with an-nyung-ha-se-yo, which means "hello." Consequently, Miss Kim continued to say that she thinks Claire wants to be Korean. Ha.  (On that note, I also should mention that they Ajima (refers to  the cleaning lady at their school) is so smitten with Claire that she bought her a little Korean style headband. So so sweet.) Anyway, we love Miss Kim.

THis is funny. Mya was playing in the sand, heard the Scooby Doo theme song. Paused for a minute then started dancing for a bit, then returned to the sand. THis girl is full of spunk and personality. Love it!

Hand in hand for the parade. So sweet.


Makenna.

Mya and her teacher, Miss Michong. It took Miss Michong awhile to figure Mya out, but I  think she may be one of her favorites. Miss Michong makes a big fuss over her everyday and that makes me happy. 

Comments

Jessica said…
love love love the costumeS! The girls are growing up so fast! Can't wait to see you guys again!! Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Love ya,J
myaclairedesign said…
Finally. I was waiting on your comment J! Thanks! We are dying to hear the news tomorrow.
Lisa said…
Pinkalicious and the Cupcake are too cute! Thanks for the explanation on the cherry on top of the cupcake...the hat threw me off. Our big day is tomorrow. 2 of 3 costumes correlate! Guess that is pretty good.
Love ya
Lisa
myaclairedesign said…
It is a start. Wait until I get stateside and maybe close enough to control your children--especially that fiesty one. (Yep, I mean you Ava!!) I do love Halloween coordination or any coordination for that matter ;)
Erin said…
so I have to ask - are there any brunette children living on base? All the kids you take pictures of are blondes :-P

Anyways - I love the costumes but it did take me a minute to figure out that Mya didn't put bright colors band-aids on her costume but that they were sprinkles *blush*
Kara said…
Erin--I know. I guess we are pretty snotty and only like those who look like us. :) Mya and her bestie Makenna are often mistaken for each other. I don't think they necessarily look alike, but similiar in size, hair color, attitude. Yes, she is a cupcake with sprinkles. Can't wait to see what you dress your little guy as. We may have to start the family thing soon only to encourage our children to coordinate. ha.
Erin said…
I'm already planning next year's costumes. I have thought about a Winnie the Pooh theme, Wizard of Oz, or a farm animal theme. I just have to convince Josh to partake in the dressing up :)

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought