Skip to main content

Paperwork, Shmaperwork!

This PCS thing is nothing I've experienced before! My silly husband thought it was a pretty simple process, but I knew a bit differently having dealt with a number of clearance documents at work. Needless to say, we've been filling out forms, gathering signatures and making appointments. The kids and I had our medical and dental appointments last week. Mine went well, but an entire case of adult beverages should have been consumed after Mya's appointment on Friday afternoon. The dental clinic is located in the hospital which houses the immunization clinic and family practice offices. Mya hates that place! The girls starts freaking out the minute I pull into the parking lot regardless if we are there to pick up a piece of paper or for an appointment for someone else. Such was the case on Friday. We pull in and she starts crying and mumbling something like "no shots mommy." Yep. I knew we were going to have fun--and lucky for me, I got to deal with this all on my own. Mya continued to crying from that moment through her own appointment and up until we were half way through Claire's appointment. The poor dentist tried his very best, but got nothing better than a snarl from Mya. It was great. I was a bit worried that he wouldn't sign the necessary paperwork having not really seen the condition of her teeth, but he did. Phew! Claire's appointment went well, but the dentist really wanted me to have him take care of a very "superficial spot that could be a cavity." Nope. Not on board with that. We take her home every summer and have her seen by a pediatric dentist. He sings the ABC's and couldn't be nicer. It also helps that they give balloons and prizes galore. I should also mention the nitrous oxide is an added bonus. It has been wonderful. Her experiences at the dentist are positive, happy ones, which I hope will leave her with a lasting focus on good dental hygiene (unlike my own where I left the dentist crying because he was such a jerk--and procrastinated going to the dentist while I was in college for fear of what they may find and the nightmares that may ensue!) Anyway, positive health experiences are a very important focus for my children and I'll continue bringing them back to make sure these happen. I'll hop off my soapbox now. Claire has spots on her teeth that Dr. G. has been watching, but thinks they'll be okay until her baby teeth eventually fall out with proper care. We're banking on that thought. I don't want them filled unless they need to be filled--long story short. Paperwork is done and is currently being reviewed. Hopefully all goes well and our orders can finally get issued! This waiting game is also for the birds. I've been checking the housing situation, but it is too early for us to jump on anything yet. In the meantime, we are trying to get things in line. We have Nate working on parts for the recalls on our car so we can get it repaired and ready to ship, I am trying to go through our storage room and purge as appropriate. I wish my sister was having a girl so I could pass on the 10 containers of clothing that I can't seem to part with ;) Speaking of babies, Jackson is due to arrive tomorrow! We are so excited! Mya refers to everyone as "my ---," so according to Mya, it is "my Jackson." So sweet. Enough babbling.

Comments

April said…
Busy, busy! It must feel good to check some things off the ol 'to-do' list, eh? Hope things go smoothly from here on out :)
Erin said…
Don't throw out those girlie things yet!!!!!

It is so exciting that you are getting things done little by little. I love crossing things off check lists :)
Jessica said…
Tell Miss Mya, Jackson is waiting to see her! He heard she loves to cuddle and takes great care of her babies! Mom and Dad should be here this afternoon so I will definitely facetime you guys!

Love ya,
J

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Claire, Mya and the NEWS

Chris and I had this elaborate plan on how we were going to share the news with our girls. I ordered adorable shirts, which took forever to get here. They were supposed to ship Oct. 4, but didn't. I am not a patient soul at all. I love to share good news and spread the excitement. We went to a German doctor last week for a gender reveal ultrasound. He was 99% certain of his selection. Claire and I began looking at clothes online. She asked questions about why we were looking at baby clothing, but thankfully, my sister has a little guy and a baby girl who is due in December. They are my perfect excuses for all things baby! Claire asked nothing more and began pointing out things we should buy Jackson or the new baby girl. Our weekends typically involve partaking in a local event or just relaxing, which means a trip to the KMCC Mall. Saturday we went shopping or at least looking. Once again, the girls became excited, choosing items for Jackson or the new baby girl. I decided I cou