Skip to main content

12 step program and ANGER!

Thanks for the lovely comments to my last, down and depressing post. You are all too sweet. I thought disabling comments would somehow prevent you all from emailing/messaging me ;) Thank you.

Here's the latest. Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE to shop. I LOVE to shop online. Since moving overseas, this LOVE has become somewhat of an issue. It is like an addiction ;) There is nothing like going to the post office, opening my box and seeing that beautiful slip of white paper which indicates I have a box waiting for me. CHRISTMAS all year round! It is glorious! Amazon.com, Old Navy, Carter's, Target, NY & C and Loft. Mmmm. They make me melt. There is some good shopping here too, but the exchange rate sucks and they've got nothing on my little Korean closets filled with lovely Pradas, LV, Coachee, and Hermes. I miss them so. Consequently, online shopping will have to do.

I placed an order to Loft.com on Oct. 5th. An hour later, I got a 60% discount code. In the past I would have re-ordered my entire order simply to get that 60% discount, return the first order and been happy. However, I discovered that you can email or call a company and they will issue the difference! Old Navy already did this for me and I do love them so! I don't waste my time for piddly amounts, but when it means 100-200 buckeroos--HECK YAH! I made the mistake of trying this with Loft. Shoot me now. I am PISSED! I emailed on Oct. 5--auto generated response indicating 'customer service is their top priority," blah, blah, blah. I emailed Oct. 8-same crap. I emailed Oct. 11--same crap. Order arrived Oct. 13th. I forgot about my rant and decided to suck it up. Low and behold, I check my email this morning and BINGO! Loft.com responded. What a crock! This is what dearest Starla had to say (yes, Starla--she probably works the pole at night, but who am I?)
"Dear Ms. Boynton:
Thank you for contacting LOFT regarding order 523680365. In researching your request, I found that your order has already been sent to our Fulfillment Center for processing. Therefore, I cannot apply the 60%off promotion to your order. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

For your future reference, you can apply a promotional code to your order during Step 3 of Checkout in the space marked "Promotional Code." You must then click on "Apply" for the discount to reflect in the order total. If you encounter any difficulties applying a promotion in the future, please feel free to call us at 1 888 LOFT 444 and a Client Associate will be delighted to assist you in placing your order.

Thank you for choosing LOFT. We look forward to meeting all of your future wardrobing needs. If you have any additional questions or comments, please email us at clientservices@LOFT.com or call us at 1 888 LOFT 444 (1.888.563.8444). We are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm EST, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm EST."  

So this is my response: "Dearest Starla,

I had to laugh when I read your response below. Of course the order has already been sent to the fullfillment center. I have already received the package at this point. It was placed prior to Oct. 8, which is also the day you received your first and second emails from me, requesting assistance. However, I did not receive a response until October 23rd? Really? Is this how Loft customer service who supposedly "strive to stay connected with you, building a relationship on trust"? I have seen nothing of the kind. 3 weeks to respond to an email requesting credit is poor business practice. Plain and simple. I appreciate the advice for entering the discount code and the reference to call if I had such challenges in the future. Unfortunately, I do not think you read my email. WE ARE LOCATED OVERSEAS DUE TO MILITARY ASSIGNMENT. I CANNOT just pick up the phone and call. I relied on this poor excuse for customer service email to help alleviate my concern. Little did I know that emails are not checked any more frequently than once per month. To say I am disppointed in the service I have received is not adequate. I am disgusted in Loft as a company. The fact that they offer no support to military families is ridiculous and pathetic.

I request this email be sent up the chain. I will be writing a formal letter of complaint and will cease doing business with Loft as well as encourage ALL military families I encounter to do the same until this situation is rectified and customer satisfaction, once again, becomes a priority.
Have a lovely day.

Kara Boynton"

I typically do not throw the military card. I am not one to write letters or file complaints. Heck I don't even fill out customer satisifaction surveys. I suppose this occured at the wrong time. I was bitter, but now I am ANGRY! I've already written an email to the corporate office and I am going to write out a formal letter of complaint. It is kind of funny and ridiculous that I am doing this, but I suppose it is therapy of some kind. Plus it totally PISSES me OFF!

With that--be my friend and stay away from Ann Taylor Loft until they issue me my $100! ;)

Next up, finding a replacement activity for my online shopping. No comments from you, Chris Boynton!

Love you, all!

Ciao!



Comments

Anonymous said…
You kill me! That is too funny. I can't wait to hear what she says to that! I'm home the rest of the week so I can answer your calls! Can't wait to see your family pics!

Love ya, j
Anonymous said…
You kill me! That is too funny. I can't wait to hear what she says to that! I'm home the rest of the week so I can answer your calls! Can't wait to see your family pics!

Love ya, j
Anonymous said…
Do I have to launch a personal protest to one of my favorite stores, the Loft? Really....are you that mad? I can't tell from your post and letter writing campaign. I TOO WILL STAND IN PROTEST! Hope you get a refund soon.
Love
L
Kara said…
YES! Protest. It is for a good cause! Seriously, your husband would be all over this, Lisa! Stand beside me. JUST. SAY. NO!

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought