Skip to main content

Beauty Love

Oh my goodness. I have a new blog love that I have to share. Seriously. Check out this blog--http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/. Jessica and Lisa--this means YOU! I know you'll do it ;) Anyway, this chick is amazing and makes it look so easy (complete with video tutorials). She gives me a bad, bad case of hair envy. I just chopped mine off again after a very long summer of growing. I was thrilled at first, but now that I've seen the options on this blog, I must admit I am feeling a bit sick in the stomach.
I've never been one to really care much about make-up or really anything beauty related, but she lit a fire inside. I'm now wasting my life watching tutorials on how to apply eye shadow and lipstick. Who knew the skills involved to acheive such gorgeousness!
Anyway, watch out world, I will be a master. I may have had my last haircut in a while, although I suppose thesmallthingsblog doesn't resolve my "fat face" issue. Hmmm. Maybe there is a trick to that too. We shall see!

And yes, Lisa, I discovered her through our sister Kelly. We may have to add another "sister" to our family :) This girl has mad skills!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You and your blogs. Don't know how u find all these random ones! It is good I will give you that!



Love ya, j
Erin said…
ummm....my ponytail thanks you for this blog as does everyone who sees me and my ponytail on a daily basis!

PS. when do moms get to start showering and doing their hair again?
Anonymous said…
Love her blog! Thanks for introducing us to another sister!'

L

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???