Skip to main content

11 Months

 
 
 
 
In the midst of my Grandpa's passing, traveling, etc., I neglected to post about Claire turning 11 months. She is getting so big. She still has her big, blue eyes and blonde hair, much to my delight! Claire is a petite little girl, typically wearing 6 month clothing. She plays catch with Chris, tossing the ball in his general direction and retrieves the ball when he rolls it to her. She holds a baby and rocks back and forth. I encourage her by saying, "Oh, nice baby." She seems to like that. Claire really enjoyed the pop-up toy when we were in North Dakota, so we brought it back. She can close the lids, but isn't able to make them open. Claire loves Harvest. She squeals with delight when she sees him each day. She loves to pet him, which often sounds more like hitting, but her intentions are good. Claire is beginning to understand the walk behind toy. She likes it best on carpet. Tile and hardwood floors make it more like a run-behind toy. She is making strange with people at times. However, she typically is okay after a few minutes. Claire lifts her arms to be picked up, she is learning how to wave, and plays peek-a-boo constantly. She no longer needs to have her face entirely covered to play. She plays with everything and crawls at lighting speed. Claire loves kids. She loves watching them and attempts to interact as much as she can. Earlier this week, she was getting fussy while we were shopping. A little boy was jabbering away at the end of the aisle. Immediately, Claire stopped fussing, turned a looked at him and watched with interest until he left. She definitely needs a sibling or maybe some cousin lovin! Claire sleeps in her own bed. We put her down at 7 and she cries for literally 30 seconds before she is asleep. It is awesome. This has been the case for nearly 2 months now. We should have established this routine months ago! Lesson learned. Claire still uses a bottle, but prefers the sippy cup. She only drinks 1 or 2 bottles per day and 2 at night. All in all, everything is going well. She is a happy, easy going kiddo. Claire has been a dream child. Because of this fact, a few of my Aunts and Uncles commented that we're going to be in trouble with baby #2. No one has 2 dream kids in a row. I guess we'll see. Until then, we'll enjoy every minute with our Clairebear.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Erin&Joshua said…
Kara, I only hope that you have another wonderful child. Claire truly is a great baby and I am sure she is going to be an amazing toddler. While she loves Harvest, it may be time to bring in another play person (like a sister or a brother) so she doesn't get bored of just you and Chris. :)

Josh and I miss the 4 of you very much and hope to see you soon....
Anonymous said…
Claire is getting so big..I am surprised every time I see her. I can't wait to see you guys again.

Love ya,
Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...