Skip to main content

A Day at the Beach

 
 
 
 
We aren't sure if it was a sign from God or it could just be a result of our poor attendance, but we went to church only to discover that summer services are at 9:00 instead of 10:00. Oops. I guess I should be reading the church newsletter that arrives in our mailbox faithfully every month. Instead of church, we went to the beach. It was a great beach day--upper 80 degree temperature and not a ton of people. Perfect for a day of discovery. Claire wasn't too sure about the sand, but quickly grew to like it. Chris showed her how to put the sand in the bucket and dig a hole and use the rake. He also took her down to the water where she realized how very freakin cold it is. Needless to say, sand play was all that took place. It was a fun day.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Erin&Joshua said…
I love the photo of Claire and Chris! It is perfect. Claire, I am so glad that you like the beach . . . july babies have a special connection to beaches! Just wait, in a few years you will not mind the cold water cause you will let your legs go numb in it and then your mom will have to beg you to get out when your lips are turning blue.
Anonymous said…
She is adorable. I will say she looks a little shocked about the temp..can't say that I blame her! Only a few short weeks until we see you all again!! YEAH!

Love ya,
Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???