Skip to main content

8 weeks





she was loving when i was saying "mamamamamam" with my lips on her cheek. she'd smile and smile and smile, so i tried to get a picture. ooo, i could eat her up.


mya is 8 weeks old. wow, time is flying by. in only a month or so, i will be returning to work. i definitely have mixed emotions about that. anyway, 8 weeks. mya has been consistently sleeping 6-7 hours per night, which is awesome. can't say it enough---awesome. the issue is that since i am nursing her, i wake with watermelons on my chest. can't say i enjoy that feeling, but i definitely love my sleep. we've had kind of a rough week in terms of contentment. i have been eating something that doesn't sit well with our poor little girl. she's been constipated, yet again, gassy and quite fussy--especially around the hour of 4:00 which just so happens to be when daddy returns. i tell him that it is because of him that she is fussy, but he isn't buying it. otherwise, life is great. she is getting so big, so quickly. she smiles, eats well, loves her big sister and is a bright eyed little girl. she prefers standing and sitting upright so she can take in her surroundings, but isn't quite ready for the bumbo yet. mya loves going on walks and being swaddled. the poor thing sweats like everything in the heavy blanket, but that is the way she likes it. we have her 2 month well baby check this week. i am curious to see her numbers as she seems bigger than claire was at this point. we are loving everyday even though everyday isn't always easy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mya is a cutie! She does seem alot bigger than Claire did..wish you guys lived closer!

love ya,
Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...