Skip to main content

4 months




Our sweet baby girl is 4 months old today. She truly is a sweetie. Her personality is shining through more and more everyday. Mya giggles at all sorts of noises and when we tickle her under her arms or chin. She is a pretty mellow kiddo who is thrilled all of the love and attention. Her smile can light a room. She is eating (6 ounces) and sleeping well (8 hours). Mya is wearing size 2 diapers and three to six month clothing. She is enjoying toys and other objects more and more. Mya likes to watch the ceiling fans, jump in her supersaucer or grasp rattles on her tray. Our baby girl has a special love for Claire and vice versa. Claire can make her smile like no one else. She is also the one who right by her side should she make a peep. They are certainly developing the bond that I could only hope they would have--all that sisters should be. Mya has been and continues to be such a blessing in our lives. She has filled an empty place in our hearts we didn't know existed and we possess more love for her than we'd thought imaginable. We are doing our best to savor every precious smile, giggle and snuggle. These four months have passed too quickly. She had her 4 month well baby check. It went well. Our NP was impressed with Mya's strength and her attention to stimuli. Mya is healthy, growing like a weed as my Dad would say. In fact, the NP suspects that Mya will very soon pass Claire in the height and weight department. Not my choice, but I guess it is out of my control. We discussed the flu and swine flu vaccinations extensively. Chris and I have opted to not vaccinate our children with either one at this point. Our NP supports that decision with no questions asked. Perhaps we will change our minds when the clinical trials are over in November. Mya received all her other vaccines (2 shots plus Rotovirus vac.). She whimpered for a moment, but that was it. She was a trooper. The NP looked at Mya's cafe au lait spots as she does each appointment. Although there has been no change in the number or size of the spots, she suggested referring us to a pediatric dermatologist to gather some baseline data. Neurofibromatosis continues to be a possibility, so we must monitor and watch for change. In the meantime, we will pray that God cares for our little one. We also talked about Mya's torticollis. It has improved, not disappeared, but improved. Chris and I were far from impressed with the physical therapist who, ironically, called me to make a follow-up appointment yesterday. Because home activities are the core treatment, we have decided to continue with those and not follow-up with the PT at this point. Again, our NP was extremely supportive. Love her. Anyway, here are Mya's stats:
length:25 inches (75th %ile)
weight:14 pounds, 2 ounces (70th %ile)
head circumference: 43 cm (90th %ile)

Comments

Anonymous said…
She is so cute..can't wait to see her smile so much..

Love ya,
J

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought