Skip to main content

claire-isms

claire says some funny things. here are a couple of her latest...
-when she is hungry, she'll say "my tummy full." it took awhile for us to catch on.

-one day we were running some errands and i opened a pack of gum in the car. she smelled it all the way back in her seat. she asked what i had, so i said "gum." we went back and forth as she thought i said "some." i attempted to set her straight, but she obviously didn't understand. from that point on "gum" is known as "some." now when she smells my gum she says, "you have some, Momma?" i think this is incredibly cute and it makes us laugh everytime.

-my parents gave her the book "pinkalicious" after it was such a hit with our niece. it has quickly become claire's all-time favorite. she quickly began repeating several lines and often reads it to herself. when she does this, it sounds mostly jibberish, but she clearly says the lines that she repeats when we read to her.
-we took her to open gym for gymnastics again today. she loved it, so we decided to sign her up for her first structured class. it is only her and one three year old, so she should get alot of attention and still have the social interaction. it should be a good fit.
-we've been working on teaching Claire her age and name. when we ask her how old she is, Claire says, "two months."
-i've also been trying to teach her some different songs. our new favorites are "itsy bitsy spider" with the actions and "jesus loves me." claire is too adorable. you can understand every word she says.
-when she is excited, her new thing is to throw her arms in the air and yell, "yay!" she is such a little honey, i could eat her up.

Comments

Anonymous said…
She is too cute! Can't wait til you guys come..hopefully we are settled in a house by then!

Love ya,
Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought