Skip to main content

My First Blog Award??!!



A few days ago, Rachel passed on an award to me. Yippee! I love to win, so this was an awesome surprise. Thanks, Rachel! We are in a similiar situation with a toddler in the home and both are temporary single mommas as our husbands are deployed. It is always reassuring to read blogs of those to whom I can relate. It makes me feel a little less crazy! Check out her blog Life and Times of a Military Spouse.

Along with the award we are supposed to do a couple of things:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.

2. Share 7 things about your self.

3. Pass the award to 9 fellow bloggers that inspire you.

4. Let them know about the award.

So here are 7 things about me:

1. I have a fear of vast bodies of water at night--only being in the middle of them. Boats, no matter the size, just don't seem like they could hold their own in a faceoff.

2. I hate to not be good at something. Here is the perfect example. I just had this conversation with my Mom, sister and niece last week. Everyone was planning on going golfing. I opted not to go. They inquired why. The deal is this...Golf and I have a love/hate relationship. My parents always golfed growing up--my Dad moreso than my Mom, but we often went out as a family from the time I was a little thing. I can remember the process of learning and the tears that began to fall as I developed the realization that it is challenging and I was awful. I cried countless times throughout those middle school years and probably high school too--all because of this stupid game. (My family laughed at this idea. Clearly, they were not with me through the daily pain.) However, I actually became good. I could hit the ball 200 yards and held my own competitively in high school. Things looked up and I began to love the game. Fast forward 10 years. Between undergrad, grad school and babies, I haven't swung a club. I hate the thought of getting out there and experiencing the pain and suffering that goes along with watching your ball roll 50 yards off the tee box.---I DID go golfing and I DIDN'T cry. I actually did pretty well and will be getting back into my game. Chris and I had plans to go golfing yesterday, but it poured much of the day. Perhaps it was a sign from the golfing Gods ;)

3. As Chris is working to finish his Master's, which will mean that he is nearly to my level of education (I tend to hold this over him as he tends to use the line--'its AF stuff, you wouldn't understand.' It is our loving banter. Anyway, we are a bit competitive with each other. If they would have offered titles of merit as I graduated with my Master's degree, I would have been given Magna Cum Laude (3.7). I did well in undergrad too (3.3 gpa), but I wasted some time trying to figure out just what I wanted to do and I suppose, experience my new found freedom that is college. In that wasted time, I didn't waste a lot of time studying.  Regardless of the excuse, I am very proud of my academic accomplishments. Now that Chris is nearly caught up to me, I'll have to start looking into Ph.D programs. Is there a doctor in the house?? woohoo!!

4. I have Diet Coke flowing through my veins. However, it is hard to come by in Korea, so I am afraid I may die. Truly. I thought Diet Coke was a staple in all countries ;)

5. I work best under immense pressure and stress. This is true in all facets of my life. I think it started in graduate school where I had to write a ton of documents each day in the midst of studying course work and executing therapy. It was tough, but a fantastic skill has developed. Love it! Now I can procrastinate like no other ;)

6. I never thought I could love someone as much as I love my children. I love Chris, yes, but it is a very different kind of love. My children are truly the center of my universe. They are on my mind all the time, thinking of them can bring a tear to my eye and a smile to my face in a matter of a millisecond. I miss them terribly. Chris and I have watched our home videos and looked at a thousand pictures each day. We are so lucky to have such an amazing gift.

7. As the likelihood of moving to Korea is increasing, I am finding myself a bit more excited. I can't wait to be with Chris. I am excited to experience all that Korea has to offer. I am excited to broaden our girls' understanding of the world. I am excited to start a new job. I am excited to be a part of the military life that was missing in MA. Simply said, I am excited for "new."

So, now I'll pass the award on to a few military and a few friends:
1. April at Growing Up Glen.  She is a great friend, momma and military spouse. Love her and her blog.
2. Alison at The Breaux Family. Love this lady too. Amazing mom and outstanding friend. I am oh, so lucky to have her.
3. Erin at Hunter and Company. She is a crafty friend and momma to the furry kind. Her blog cracks me up as this chicka went from not wanting a dog to having a doggy baby who is the center of her world. Love her too.
4. Taylor at Then There Were Three. She is a military wife and teacher. Love reading her blog as she is getting ready to begin her first teaching job.

I guess I'll leave it at that and pass it on to anyone who'd like to accept.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey great post. Thought I'm not sure I agree with you 100%. Keep em coming. Are you interested in having anyone guest post opposing views?
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the help, I learned a lot. If anyone else is truggling I found these
Php Tutorials to be very useful.
Anonymous said…
Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Claire, Mya and the NEWS

Chris and I had this elaborate plan on how we were going to share the news with our girls. I ordered adorable shirts, which took forever to get here. They were supposed to ship Oct. 4, but didn't. I am not a patient soul at all. I love to share good news and spread the excitement. We went to a German doctor last week for a gender reveal ultrasound. He was 99% certain of his selection. Claire and I began looking at clothes online. She asked questions about why we were looking at baby clothing, but thankfully, my sister has a little guy and a baby girl who is due in December. They are my perfect excuses for all things baby! Claire asked nothing more and began pointing out things we should buy Jackson or the new baby girl. Our weekends typically involve partaking in a local event or just relaxing, which means a trip to the KMCC Mall. Saturday we went shopping or at least looking. Once again, the girls became excited, choosing items for Jackson or the new baby girl. I decided I cou