Skip to main content

you want what by when?? really?

I haven't blogged in such a long time. I wish I could say that I have incredible stories to share or pictures for that matter, but honestly, I have nothing. I have been soaking up the time with my parents in ND and jumping through all the hoops for my new job. It has been insane. My offer was delivered on Monday with 5 days to finish the binder of paperwork. The paperwork included a physical, official passport applications (yes, different from our tourist ones and yes, requiring birth certificates which I did not bring to ND), several documents requiring a notary, fingerprinting, and rewriting the same information 55 times that which included where I have gone to school, where I have lived and a witness from each place/situation. Give me a break! I was nearly in tears when I received it, thinking there wasn't a chance that I would be able to get this done 1800 miles from home, from my doctor, from everything, BUT I DID IT!!Thank goodness for great friends. I happened to send my friend Michelle the keys to our apartment "just in case." She overnighted the birth certificates and dug through my paperwork to find the kids' social security numbers. My BFF from childhood is a notary in ND, so she came to my rescue too. We ran to my Dad's work to fax and run copies, up to the local police station for fingerprinting and to the County Clerk of Courts for the passport stuff. I still cannot believe it is done. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that everything else falls into place. I received word today that everything was set to issue travel orders, but needed one custody paper from Chris (he needs to give consent for me to take our kids out of the country--even though we are married and are going to be with him). So, still holding my breath...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am hoping and praying things go well for you! I miss you so much and the thought of you moving further away continues to bring tears to my eyes everytime. I love you guys so very much and I will be counting down the days til Christmas. If you need help please ask. I would not mind taking a trip to Boston this month.
Love ya tons,
J

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought