Skip to main content

Losing my Mind!

I returned to the States late Sunday night after a long, long 24 hours of flying. My flight from Chicago to Minneapolis was actually delayed, which caused me to miss my connection home. So irritating. I am understanding in the winter, but not so patient when weather is not related. Anyway, I did arrive. It was wonderful being greeted by my mom, dad and of course, my kiddos. Claire ran right up to me, but Mya was busy exploring the airport. She caught a glance of me, but didn't seem all that excited. I picked her up and all she could do was examine me as though she knew she should know me, but couldn't quite figure out who I was. It was heartbreaking. Truly. She continued to look at me periodically still unable to place me. We drove home, went to bed and awoke the next day as though I was never gone. It was wonderful. Claire has been attached to me and Mya does her thing. Gotta love that kid. She is miss independent. My offer package arrived on Monday around noon and I have been running nonstop since then. It was literally a book of paperwork to complete. The kicker is that it all needs to be completed within 5 days. 5 freakin days!! Really. It wouldn't be such a big deal if I were single, but the fact is, it involves birth certificates, notarizing, fingerprinting, passports, a medical exam, and jumping through five thousand hoops. Pure delight. Thankfully, my Mom is here to help out with my kiddos so I can get the paperwork done. It has been kind of nice being back in ND as I have connections and haven't had to run very far for the things I need. Luckily, I had given keys to our apartment to my friend Michelle, who found and overnighted the birth certificates and the girls' passports, my friend Nicole is a notary and I was able to just run to the police station and fingerprinted without an appointment or any questions. The best part is that neither of those things cost me a thing. Amazing. I even had to get letters from my kids' doctor stating their health status. Thankfully, I found a fax, so I could receive the letters. I have restated the same information on five different forms. Only the government. I just got back from my physical. Things seem to be coming to a close. I received the birth certificates today and will have the results from my TB test on Friday, after which I will mail the package. Woo hoo! Thankfully, my jetlag has been minimal. I seem to function well during the day although I try to have a nap. I tend to wake up during the night, unable to get back to sleep. All in all, I look forward to things returning to "normal" whenever and whatever that may be ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I look forward to that too..especially since I have called you like a million times and got no answer and no response...grr!!!

Love ya,
PS I understand your busy!

J
Alison said…
Oh my, you have been busy, busy! One step closer to your family being together :-)

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???