Skip to main content

Bouncing Crazyiness!

I do alot of online shopping. When you live overseas, you have to. The BX is thrilling, yes, but it changes out the merchandise only so often ;) When it comes to clothing, if you shop at the BX (which I do as well), you can be guaranteed that at least 3 other people will be seen in the same item. Take for example this little gray vest that I bought. The other day, 2 other teachers showed up in the same one. Thankfully, I hadn't worn mine that day, but you get the point. Anyway, several places do not ship overseas. That's where my Mom comes in. I typically have the stuff mailed to her house and she graciously mails it to us. Readdressing the boxes, running to the post office and mailing our stuff is a major pain. I know this, but she's been so great about it. Priority mail is the way to go. She generally mails it priority and we recieve it in a week to ten days. However, I ordered a "jumpy jump" as Claire calls it, well before Christmas. Since it was so heavy and such a vast difference in price, my Mom mailed it the less expensive way. Little did we know that it would take so bloody long. It just arrived. It was shipped via freight carrier. I kept joking that the carrier must have been struck by an iceberg, so she found it even more comical when the box finally arrived this week. Anyway, Chris set it up and the kids began jumping, and jumping, and jumping some more. It is pretty great. I imagine when it gets warm, we'll move it outside, but for now, it is in our exercise/play room. It doubles as a fort or a wrestling ring  too. Who knew?

(I should have edited these pics as they are kind of bad, but as you'll see I no longer have time to do anything ;)






In weight loss news, I am down 1 pound for the week, making it 8 pounds total. Not a big change, but I am okay with that. I was planning on a trip to Hawaii in April, but just discovered yesterday that 3 people have already signed up for leave that same week. The liklihood of Chris getting it off is slim. I am really irritated and very tempted to take leave without pay so I too can lay on the beach in the warm summer sun like I deserve ;) Guess we'll see. (My parents are rolling their eyes right now at the thought of me taking unpaid leave--you never realize how much a day of work actually is worth ;)

Etsy....I've been wanting to expand my little store for awhile, but you know, you has the time. The fact is that etsy is sort of my escape. I work on an order here and there and it gives me an escape from all that is dysfunctional. I finally bit the bullet and jumped in, offering a client a party package. Before doing so, I also roped in my sister, Jess to lend a hand if need be. (You never know with shipping and timelines.) Anyway, the client is in and now I am elbow deep in birthday banners, cupcake toppers and favor stickers, etc. It is kind of overwhelming, but so exciting. Now if I could only put together samples for my other invites, I'd be in business. Sadly there just isn't enough time in the day. Jessica?????

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey,

Glad the girls received their "jumpy jump" finally! I am very bummed about this vacation we planned. I was so looking forward to it! You need to work on that issue!

Love ya,
Jessica
Kara said…
We'll see. Think happy thoughts. I asked Chris to go to the Commander and BEG! Keep your fingers crossed.
Anonymous said…
Glad the jumpy jump is fun! Can't believe there is room in your house to squeeze it in! Our favorite thing to do now is play Just Dance 2 on the Wii. It is so fun! Makes you sweat too! Luke and I are battling for Best Dancer honors at our house!
L
Kara said…
Hmmm. That would be a site. I can't imagine that Phil was able to break away from his shoulder shrug move and you with your fingers. Does the game allow for that? Yes, our house is large. You should come visit. I am sure you can take a sedative that will only last for the 10 hour plane ride from Cali. Come, come, come. Come to me!! I need normalcy, since I can't seem to get off this peninsula (which is interesting since Chris is the reason I am trapped, yet he is saving himself and going away for a month--is it me or is there something wrong with that??) Hmm.
Anonymous said…
Kara
I have many other moves that don't involve my fingers. The sad thing was that Maryanne was leading at some point in "viva las vegas". How embarrassing! Wish you would return to the States....you enjoy flying after all!
Lisa

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought