Skip to main content

2011

We made it to the 12:00 hour. It was an impressive feat. In all actuality it was pretty easy...did you read that, Lisa?? 12:00 at night or in the morning, whichever. Me. Yippee!! All four of us actually made it until the new year to ring it in as a family. It was a first and it was wonderful. We were invited to a couple of New Year's parties, but could only attend one. We ended up going to across the street to our friends, the Ives' home. This is the same family with whom we embarked to the southern coast of South Korea in November. It was great. There were only about 4 other families there, but a lot of kiddos. Our girls were delighted. They played, conversed and BEHAVED for nearly 7 straight hours. It was glorious. The adults ate delicious food, played games and laughed. It was really fun. After staying up all night, yesterday was a bit challenging. Our kiddos were TIRED and CRABBY. I guess that was the trade off of such a good night. Oh well. It was well worth it.
With a new year comes new goals. I have never been one to write down my goals. I have simply kept them logged in my wee little brain and carried on. 2011 is going to be different. I am pushing beyond the easy. Pushing a bit beyond myself and focusing on a variety of "good."
Here they are:
1. Learn how to make sushi.
2. Manage/organize our family photos.
3. Adopt a healthier lifestyle for 30 days. (thinking small and realistic ;)
4. Learn how to shoot in Manual Mode--well.
5. Teach our children aobut "charity."
6. Travel to Thailand, China, Japan and perhaps the USA (only kidding---definitely the USA!!)
7. Volunteer.
8. Become a dedicated recycler.
9. Limit my daily at home computer usage during the work week to 30 minutes.
10. Live in the moment.
11. Read one book per month.
12. Go on one Korean adventure per month.

Comments

jeannie said…
Hi Kara, It sounds like you have some pretty useful goals in mind. I wish you the best. I know you will accomplish them and hope you enjoy all.


Enjoy yourself
Anonymous said…
13. Call your sister, Jessica, more often.
14. Post more pictures on your blog so Jessica can see the kiddos.
15. Visit Montana


That sounds about right. Miss you guys...Christmas wasn't the same without you--although we did have some amazing food and fun!

LOve ya,
J
Anonymous said…
13. Call your sister, Jessica, more often.
14. Post more pictures on your blog so Jessica can see the kiddos.
15. Visit Montana


That sounds about right. Miss you guys...Christmas wasn't the same without you--although we did have some amazing food and fun!

LOve ya,
J
Kara said…
now that is funny Jessica. Ok, I'll add them. I guess I'll spend that 30 minutes on the computer each night updating my blog. Yippee!! I miss you all too. I hope Christmas was boring without me ;) I know you were all minus several laughs. We'll make up for it this summer. Do you want to join us on our trip to Thailand???
Anonymous said…
I have some of my own to add:
1. Call your sister Lisa more often and get a good connection:)
2. Post more pics on blog is a great suggestion.
3. Visit Bismarck!
4. Eat more meat:) (I couldn't resist)
Missed the humor you provide at Christmas. J still only drank water or pop...so definitely missed my fun companion!Can't wait for summer! Congrats on greeting the New Year!
Love,
Lisa
Anonymous said…
Lisa.
I drank your gross wine too..
K. Davis said…
i can totally help with #4... even though I'm still trying to get better and better at it :)

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???