Skip to main content

Is this a hint?!!

A few years ago one of Chris' friends was telling us that he got his girlfriend a wiifit for Christmas. I couldn't help but laugh and told him that I'd be so insulted. Supposedly she wanted it, so for her it was the perfect gift. He got her other things as well that were much more meaningful--cooking school and a massage or something. Anyway, fast forward to this Christmas. I had a list of items that I wanted, but ended up buying most of them for myself prior to Christmas. I am definitely not one to wait until Christmas or birthdays to buy things--for me or anyone else. Needless to say, Chris was kind of left hanging. I wanted a $1300 lense for my camera, but as you can imagine, that wasn't an option. Hmmm. This is what I received. Very generous, but do you think my wonderful husband is subtle? Ha. 


Out of fear of making Chris seem like a total jerk, I should add some necessary details--only because I am nice. I had been talking about losing weight, working out and trying to get healthy again for several months. I even had a personal trainer all lined up, but honestly, I couldn't bring myself to paying the money to have someone tell me to get off my fat butt and move. All that said, Chris did great. Really great. It was perfect even though I love to give him a hard time about it ;) That is how we roll, he just doesn't blog about it! Anyway, I read blogs in my free time (as well as scour the internet for my next great purchase!)  and came across one blog in particular that has been quite motivating--http://jbullsession.blogspot.com/. I have the upmost respect for Jenn, but I can't imagine following her plan. She is a workout momma and has the body changes to prove it. I have kiddos, work fulltime out of our home and as much as I'd love to (no that's a complete lie) I can't work out for 1.5 hours per day. She has, however, sparked my interest enough to research and accept a 30 day challenge. So with that I say thank you, Jenn! I am now on day 3 of eating well and working out (at 5 am no less!!). I know 3 days of committment isn't much, but the fact of the matter is that if I want to have another child in the future, I'd better lose some weight (only because I can't imagine carrying around an additional 30+ pounds to what I already have) and of course, more importantly--Thailand has some incredible beaches! Who wants to go to someplace lovely and be the fattie? Not me! So there it is. I feel pretty good and not starving like I could eat a complete cow myself or devour a bag of hershey kisses at one sitting. Hopefully this positivity continues and my motivation stays strong.

No need to comment with words of encouragment or anything like that. I am good. Instead, you can do a double take when you see me on the beach or when you pick me up at the airport! Ha.

Comments

Erin said…
If you hate it all ship it to me! I can't convince Josh to buy me a Wii to save my life (but of course, he can have a PS3)!!! I thought I might get one for Christmas but it looks like I might have to break down and buy one for myself.
Anonymous said…
Kara,
Good work. You are doing well. Too bad we cant work out together as I could use a little motivation these days!

Thanks for the post...One point for the updating blog category!

love ya, J
Kara said…
Erin,
oh, no. I didn't mean to imply (sp?) that I hated it. I loved the gift, but it is kind of taboo to give a female anyting relating to weight as a gift. I was simply making light of my husband's thoughtfulness.
I agree, break down and buy one for yourself. We've had ours for awhile now and it is great--even our kiddos are in on the action. We just have to tell Claire that she's won the race even though she hasn't actually removed herself from the wall (super mario cart). The wii fit is pretty amazing too. We love our wii!
Jess-Thanks. Keep tallying those points. So far so good on my goals. I almost slept in this morning...almost. You'll get back in the groove when you start feeling better and life gets a little bit more rewarding again. Keep your chin up. Things will fall back into place--more quickly than you think.
jeannie mom said…
Another Baby??????? Thats great!!!!!

A boy or girl???? I don't really care, just healthy.

Love you guys
Anonymous said…
I'm not going to comment on encouragement, I am going to ask for support. I am as well on the same challenge, I received the WII EA Active for Christmas...the best gift ever. Anyways, I know I am horrible about keeping in touch, but I will work on that in hopes that you can keep me on my toes like you do with other certain aspects in my life :)

KM
Kara said…
No, no, no. No baby yet. Maybe someday. Someone just told me at the New Year's party in a conversation around said topic, that "people who have beautiful babies should have many. The world needs more beauty." Hmmm. I'd have to agree. We do have beautiful babies (not biased or anything), so perhaps we should have more. I guess we'll see where this path shall lead.
K. Davis said…
totally checking out the blog! I am as well in need of dropping some weight, especially with the philippines beaches in a few weeks :)
Erin said…
Kara,

I know you didn't hate the gift I was saying - if you decide you hate the wiifit itself after giving it a good try! Sometimes typing just isn't like talking :(

Erin
Anonymous said…
let is know how the wii fit works out! I am afraid to buy it because I am afraid I'll just get bored! lol....good job!

xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought