Skip to main content

Happy, Happy Birthday, Claire!











Dearest Claire,
You are officially 4 years old today, but in all honesty, I can't quite bring myself to look beyond that baby girl I hold close to my heart. Words cannot describe or accurately express the love I've felt for the past 4 years and the excitement that coexists as I think about your future. You are such a bright ray of sunshine. Not always full of happiness, but always full of fire. You have a such a spark that I simply hope never fades. You are timid towards new situations, but once acclimated, you approach with gusto! I love that about you. "Go hard or go home" seems very appropriate for you. Claire, you are a kind to others, loving towards your family and friends and such a smartie. I couldn't be more pleased with the amount of skills you've learned this year.

You have been the beginning steps of learning to read! My little girl, READING! I long for the day when I catch you reading to Mya. Such a sweet vision. In this year, you've learned to recognize your letters, the sounds they make, begun to learn addition/subtraction, and you've learned to write your name, Mom, Dad, Mya, love and a few other words. We are working on rhyming, blending sounds into words and continuing your word recognition, spelling skills. You love to learn and often bug me about wanting to do homework! I can't quite keep up, but I love your desire and motivation to learn!

Claire, times have been challenging this year. You love to push the limits. Daddy and I have found ourselves putting you in time out often, but I am very pleased to say that your behavior has come full circle. You are finally getting the idea of not retaliating when struck by your sister or a friend, you are learning that 1-2-3 means we mean business and you are getting the idea that you are not in charge! You love school. You have 3 great friends--Lana, Jacob, Joei, whom you talk about all the time. You have others too, but these three tend to dominate the conversation. You want nothing more than to invite them over for play dates, have what they have and do what they do. I love that you recognize right and wrong as well as the strengths of others. You are always sharing what Joei does well or something Lana did that was really good. It makes my heart happy for you to see the positive side in others.

You love to ride bike and spend time outside. You are a great help in the kitchen and at home, always wanting to sweep or spray. I couldn't ask for more. You love to sing, watch movies, play games, and read books. You can hit a ball when pitched to you, look for bugs, splash in puddles, draw with chalk, and listen to music. You request dresses/skirts almost daily, love to get your nails painted, pick out your own clothes, and dine in restaurants. Claire, you have become quite the good eater too. You eat pretty much anything minus typical vegetables. You will eat them in a dip though.

You are a loving sister to Mya. You look for her each day on the playground at school, keeping a constant eye on her and telling me all about her day. You have the sweetest voice when you talk to her after not seeing her for some time. I smile every single time I hear it. So sweet! You are finally playing well together and treating her as a friend vs. a little sister. You take turns, share pretty well, and help her frequently. She tries to be just like you. I am happy to say that for the most part, you are a great role model for her to idolize. I just hope your relationship continues to strengthen and the love you have for her continues to grow. Friends will come and go throughout your life, but sisters are ALWAYS there. I can only hope for you two to be "BFFL'S" (as Ava would say)--Best Friends For Life!

These past four years have been full of constant changes. Big changes that no child should have to undergo--deployments, moving from our house to an apartment, to a different country, changing daycares, meeting a slough of new friends, but you have undertaken the challenge with grace and succeeded. We are hopeful these changes have been positive and will help make you a better, more rounded individual. We hope you see the world and embrace the differences in people, cultures and places. The world is a beautiful place and full of amazing things. You've experienced far more in your four years than your Daddy or I have in our thirty. I am so happy that we have been blessed to give you those opportunities and cannot wait to hold your hand through the rest of our journey together with the guidance and support from above. You are an amazing child, Claire. Daddy and I are truly blessed to call you ours. Happy, happy birthday, Clairebear!

We love you!
Momma and Daddy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Claire! We sure miss you around our house! Hope your birthday is fantastic! Love you!

Love ya, Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Claire, Mya and the NEWS

Chris and I had this elaborate plan on how we were going to share the news with our girls. I ordered adorable shirts, which took forever to get here. They were supposed to ship Oct. 4, but didn't. I am not a patient soul at all. I love to share good news and spread the excitement. We went to a German doctor last week for a gender reveal ultrasound. He was 99% certain of his selection. Claire and I began looking at clothes online. She asked questions about why we were looking at baby clothing, but thankfully, my sister has a little guy and a baby girl who is due in December. They are my perfect excuses for all things baby! Claire asked nothing more and began pointing out things we should buy Jackson or the new baby girl. Our weekends typically involve partaking in a local event or just relaxing, which means a trip to the KMCC Mall. Saturday we went shopping or at least looking. Once again, the girls became excited, choosing items for Jackson or the new baby girl. I decided I cou