Skip to main content

4th of July

Every year for the 4th of July, my family buys matching shirts. It started out as kind of a corny joke, but now it is tradition. I like tradition. We celebrated in Bismarck as we typically do now that my Grandparents are deceased (my Grandpa's birthday was July 4, so growing up we spent the 4th in Tioga). The day was spent at the Mandan parade, then off to the Lake to my Aunt Pam and Uncle Rick's cabin for our family reunion. It was great spending time with a few of my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins whom I hadn't seen for years. We had a great time boating, swimming, visiting, eating and of course, watching fireworks and making smores over the fire. It was a great day.




Lots of help pushing baby Jackson. He was the center of Mya's attention.













My nieces Olivia, Ava and nephew, Luke were so good at helping our kiddos with the parade candy. They lacked the quickness and aggressiveness required to claim their bounty, but with the added help, came out with plenty of loot.






Poor Jackson. I promise she touches you only with love ;)





Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Folks,

Good to see new pictures being posted. You look like you all had a wonderful summer vacation. The pictures from Germany are lovely.

looking forward to more,

love ya,
Anonymous said…
Thanks. We did have a great time. Trying to get the blog updated with much, much more. I am so far behind :) Who are you?
Kara

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...