Skip to main content

Randomness..

Just a few things...
1. We are doing fine. I had my 3rd blood draw this morning. We have an appointment with an OB next week. We'll know more at that point, but we are doing fine.
2. I've been tackling some projects. I bought 4 smaller bookshelves and I finally got them painted yesterday. 2 will go in the girls' bedroom. I'll post pics of our house when I feel it is more finished.
3. I am working on filing our damage claims. This is eating much of my mind right now. The antique appraiser comes tonight, so hopefully I'll be able to file the claim next week.
4. My DoDDS benefits were finally reinstated, which means I get a lovely housing allowance. We are now thinking we may build/buy a home here which we will most likely keep as a rental when we leave. My housing allowance is so nice that we will have 2/3 of the house paid off by the time our tour is up. Who can pass that up??!
5. Mya is sick with the flu. Poor thing. I think she has vomitted 6 times in the past 12 hours. She has suddenly become a skinny mini, so I worry how much weight she will have lost when this is over.
6. Work is great. Very busy, but great. I enjoy leaving it all behind, but feel incredibly overwhelmed as it is busy, busy, busy. The evaluation list rarely gets smaller, so there is no catching up. It is more like trying to stay afloat.
7. I've been Betty the Baker. I made Homemade Oreos on Wed. and Monster Bars on Thursday. Everything went to the crew at Chris' work. It is closeout which means LLOOONNGG hours. Chris will be working all weekend. Just thought I'd do my part. They were a hit. Both containers of cookies came home EMPTY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...