Skip to main content

South Dakota and Denver

We made a whirlwind trip through South Dakota on our way to Denver. We stopped at Storybook Island in Rapid City. It was a great little stop for a much needed break from the driving. 
After that quick stop, we continued the drive through vast wilderness to Denver. We spent the night, then met Chris' Mom and her husband at the Denver Children's Museum where the kids had a blast. We spent some time there, then moved to the Butterfly Pavilion where butterflies fly free. It was pretty neat, but a quick stop. They had alot of insects and spiders to see, including Rosie, the tarantula who you could hold. Chris decided he had better set aside his inhibitions for the sake of his children and held sweet little Rosie. Claire followed suit. She loved it. 
We finished our visit with a stop at the Cheesecake Factory. It was delish as always.
We said our good-byes to Chris' Mom, then made our way for the final surprise. Claire played with Ava's American Girl Doll the entire visit to her house. I swore I'd never buy that ridiculously priced doll, but Chris can be a sucker. He was all for it initially, then I jumped on board. There are only so many things you can buy a kid. Our kids aren't necessarily spoiled, but I am pretty practical about what I buy them. I don't see a point in buying something just to have it. Everything has a purpose and variety is key. Claire and Mya were pretty thrilled when we finally arrived. Claire wandered the store, looking at each and every doll, while Mya quickly spotted the double baby stroller. She set her territory and didn't part from that stroller the whole visit. We decided to buy her it only to find out that it was out of stock. It was a total meltdown. She was so cute even when she was totally heartbroken. We ordered the stroller and had it mailed to my parents' house. Claire selected "Makenna" along with the special brush, and a few outfits. She was delighted. She also got her a few more outfits and a carrying case from Mya for her birthday. It was a great memory and a lovely trip.


My princesses at Storybook Island.


Claire and Mya being eaten by the whale.


Claire fighting the fire at the Children's Museum.

Mya the artist.

Claire the artist.

Claire learning about aerodynamics.

Claire acting as a vet.


Popping the bubbles.

Making bubbles.








Claire and Mya in a nest.


Playing grocery store.



Bubbles with Meme'


Claire working on her project.

Total cheeziness and I'm not talking about Claire or Mya.

Swinging courtesy of Grandpa Dave.

Claire and Mya at the Butterfly Pavilion.

Chris being tough with Rosie.

Claire being so brave with Rosie the Tarantula.



Add caption

Comments

jeanniy said…
Although the day went by quickly, it was a wonderful time. I am thankful that we had this time together. It was great to watch the girls and to see both of you again.

You all looked very good.

love you & thanks for the memories

Mom & Dave

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...