Skip to main content

Off the train of wallowing.

Here we are. 2 months have passed since my miscarriage. It has been a rollercoaster ride. One that I've desperately wanted to get off since being forced to ride. I've had happy days and some very sad days. It is odd. The days I am happy, I also have a guilt that surrounds that happiness. My psyche somehow works very hard to convince the rest of me that I shouldn't feel this way--that it is wrong. Additionally, our children didn't know we were due to have a baby, so it is for them that my smile is pasted on my face each morning and we push through our crazy, normal, busy lives. Although time doesn't make me forget the heartache and sadness, it does help me to realize that I must pick myself up and begin to find me again.

I was doing so well with running prior to this pregnancy. I stopped when I began to miscarry. It was a long, brutal month. I tried to get back into gear, but again, my emotional hell took over. The fact is that I am a much happier person when I have that outlet. It took my dear husband to make me see the light.

He asked a few days ago when I was going to start exercising again. Although I tease him about it, I know he didn't say it out of disgust or with a hidden agenda or underlying meaning. He said it simply because he knows it is time to move on, to rediscover me and my happiness. That is it.

So, today it began. I jumped back on the treadmill for 20 minutes of pain. It was an ugly sight, but I did it. I also started TurboFire, which seems to be rather fun. I had been doing Insanity, but decided Turbo Fire may be a bit lighter transition for me at this point. I need lighter. I need success. I need some fun. We'll see how it pans out ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
There is no magic cure, keeping busy sure helps though! I still think about our babies and when the due date rolls around you will feel that sadness again! We are excited to think of the future, seeing you in Germany! Loving on your little beautiies, etc. I know you getting back to your normal self! You have always been someone I've looked up to. I'm so lucky to have 2 older sisters to give me tons of good advice! Hang in there, you will never forget but you will heal!


Love ya, j

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought