Skip to main content

Farewell and Good Riddens

Warning to Chris who rarely speaks his political opinion and supports his nation and leaders as he should: You Probably Shouldn't Read This Post...

Because I am feeling extra irritated and a bit more bitter than in days past, I am writing this post. On the way to school this morning, the radio station was having people call in and leave farewell messages for our dear outgoing President Bush. Instead of calling in, I will air my message on this blog. I do not consider myself a political person. Growing up, my Parents, Grandparents and Uncles were extremely vocal about their views/opinions, so I've heard the debates. I, myself, have chosen to take a less involved approach. I tend to side more with Democrats than Republicans because of my more liberal views, but vote according to the issues and how they affect me and my family. With that being said, here we go...
Bye-bye, Mr. Bush. I can't say that I will miss you at all. I hope you look back on your Presidency as I will, remembering all the families you ripped apart. It is because of you that my family is sleeping in two different nations. It is because of you that my husband is fighting in a war that was started on a whim. Your whim. It is because of that whim my daughter cannot hug or kiss her Daddy good-night. It is because of you that my husband is missing out on reading to Claire and teaching her all that he should. It is because of you that my husband will not be here to cut the umbilical cord of his second daughter, hear her first cry or feel her first breath. It is because of you that I will not have the support from my husband when I give birth to our second child. It is because of you that I am 22 weeks pregnant and on my roof shoveling snow or shivering when the heat went out because I am alone fulfilling the roles of both my missing husband and myself as a wife. It is because of you that I lay awake each night wondering what life is like for my husband in that far off land. It is because of you that I pray to God like I've never had to pray before to return my husband safe and unharmed to his wife and children. It is because of you, Mr. President, that I lay praying and hoping that when my husband does return that his spirit and soul is undamaged, so he can raise his daughters and love us all as he should. All this damage has been done to one family in only 2 months time. Just imagine what and whom you have harmed in the 8 years you have haphazardly governed this nation. With that I say farewell. I hope you sleep well with all this on your conscience and may I hope it never leaves you.
With that, I look forward to a fresh breath of air that 12:00 pm today will bring. I am filled with HOPE that Obama will wrap up the loose ends that Bush has unraveled and bring our troops home. I pray for each and every one of them and their families, but most of all, I pray for my husband's safe and speedy return to the life he should not have left.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hear ya loud and clear! We are looking foward to changes and hope for our future!

Love ya,
Jessica

PS--you will have me for the birth of your child..thats pretty lucky if you ask me!
Anonymous said…
I agree with you whole-heartedly. I am looking forward to the change and for your family to once again be whole.

Love you,
Kelly, Bekah & Grace
Anonymous said…
I hear you Kara, & I feel your pain. I to am praying for Chris' safe return. I fear for his emotional state. Some of the worse injurys from war is emotional unbalance. I am so comforted knowing that he will come back to you and all the love that you and the children have to give. I know that whatever his emotional state will be that you will be there to help him through it. I am truely thankful for that.
I pray for him and his precious family every day. I know that your hearts are together even though you are so far apart.
My heart goes out to you and I pray this time will go by quickly for you and Chris and you will soon be a family again.

love you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought