sophie can chew through anything. she's chewed through every toy we have gotten her. chris ran to the store with the chore of finding an indestructable toy and returned with a giant bone-like thing that said "puncture resistant." within 5 minutes of playing with this toy, sophie had ripped it apart. it was guaranteed, so we took it back. petsmart was awesome, simply exchanging it with no questions asked other than what kind of dog we had. hmm...and to think she is just a puppy. upon chris going to return the toy, i left him with the instructions to find something more durable. he replied, "what am i going to get, a tire?" i said yes and away he went. low and behold, he returned not 5 minutes less with nothing less than a.......tire! it was such a funny thing. one week later, i am pleased to say that sophie has yet to "puncture" the tire. she is loving the toy and i think just carrying the thing around (it weighs 5 pounds) is draining her energy. everyone is happy.
So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!
Comments
j