Skip to main content

Daddy dearest...

(Oops it should be turned. the card is so cute. it is a shirt with the collar folded down and a tissue tie. claire made it at daycare.)
Dear Chris,
Happy Father's Day to the greatest Daddy our girls will ever know. I realize you won't be with them on this special day, but know that you are in our thoughts. Hopefully you have received our gift to you or will receive it early next week. Inside that box, our girls have prepared a special message just for you. I hope you savor each word. They are just for you.
You are an awesome Daddy, Chris. When we talked about beginning a family together, I know we didn't envision our life looking as it has. Two beautiful girls, crazy about their daddy, who comes and goes as duty calls. I know it breaks your heart leaving each time, every glimpse into our life via the computer, and every smile separated by thousands of miles. Your girls love you more than you can imagine. You are a hands on daddy. Thank you for that. You have grown so much as a person since becoming a daddy. You have developed patience, a love, a protectiveness that only a great daddy has. Thank you for that. Although we are apart on this Father's Day, know that we are thinking of you and missing you too.
With love,
Your Girls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???