Skip to main content

playground fun and love

How can you look at these pictures and not fall madly deeply in love? These girls are such an awesome gift. I could never have imagined finding such joy and pleasure in the everyday as I have since becoming a Momma. This morning Mya woke to Claire standing by her crib saying in her sweet little voice, "Good morning beautiful girl." I bought Claire a new pink water bottle this morning, to which she replies, "Ooo La La, I love it." In that moment, the world stopped and I took note. I love, love, love these kids. It is going to be a squelcher today, so we got out early. I took them to a great little playground that is nice and peaceful. Mya, the little dare devil that she is, skipped right over the toddler appropriate apparatus and ventured off for the big stuff. Moments later, she has mastered the first step and is onto the next. The little bugger even tackled the huge slide. We visited this park last mother's day and Chris went on the slide, but admitted that it was a bit too high for his comfort. I guess this little monster takes after me. I can be pretty bold as far as heights and thrills go. Probably moreso when I was younger, but I still am good with tall rides and things like that. It was fun. Claire did as Claire does and went right for the swings. The girl is in love with flying through the air. Higher, faster, higher is her motto. Yesterday at Alison's, Claire was running down the driveway pushing Mya in the little tikes car--both laughing hysterically. Everyday is filled with moments like these. Funny things said, laughs, giggles and smiles galore. I. am. in. love.









Comments

Anonymous said…
Those pictures are awesome..I love those girlies too...only wish I could appreciate them daily as well!

Love ya,
Counting down the days til we see you all!

J

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???