Skip to main content

fuel to my fire

i picked claire up from daycare yesterday. our conversation involves a review of the day's events. let me interject by saying i received no phone calls and all was calm when i picked them up. claire was doing tangegoes and mya was playing with another little person. loved both sights. fast forward--claire got wet on the slide and being the top notch mom that i am, neglected to include undies in her extra set of clothes. needless to say, she was going commando. that conversation lead to claire's report of, "jacob has a straight bum." hmmm. and how, exactly, do you know that??!!! we've talked at length about people who should see her bum and who she can accompany to the bathroom, etc. i try not to be over the top protective, but i want to give her the language and knowledge to know what is and is not okay. this conversation has made me a wee bit concerned. she loves the cdc, but i am making a list and checking it twice. three strikes and they may be out.

Comments

Taylor said…
I don't have kids yet but that would have me fuming.. maybe there is some misunderstanding, though. I hope the new CDC grows on y'all and you settle in. :)
Erin said…
Kara,

my last comment was deleted but I still have a question - what is a cdc?

ERin
Kara said…
sorry. acronyms!! child development center.
Erin said…
ahhh....that makes sense! I know you are frustrated and truly worried that your kids aren't getting the level of care and attention that you are used to (since your last daycare was fantastic) but I am hopeful that things will turn around for you. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...