Skip to main content

yummy, yummy goodness.

mya was in love with her boots. she wanted to wear them each day. we were wasting time while chris was retrieving a load of our things, so the girls and i went outside. the moment mya saw the puddle, she was in heaven. the girl is not dainty!
a girl can't live in rainy korea without having a nice umbrella and rain boots. claire outgrew her old ones, so we went shopping. i found these in both girls sizes. you know me, i love matchy matchy!

 looking back on my previous posts, i realize a change is needed. no more worrying, complaining or stressing. we are finally moved into our house. (i'll post pics when our baggage comes in october?) my job is going well. after settling into one classroom which i shared with a learning disabilities teacher, i am moving to a space of my very own. i am really excited as i was supposed to have my own room from the start, but the school is bulging at the seams right now. i'm not entirely sure what happened to initiate the change, but i am thrilled. hopefully i'll be settled in by the end of next week. the temperatures are finally cooling off here. i think it was 65 when we got up this morning and only reached 80ish during the day. my favorite part about the move here has been the fact that 5:30 is no longer my wake up time. yippee! i can now "sleep in" until 6:15 or 6:30 every stinkin day. can i get an amen? i am very thrilled. having said that, i even have time to put the dishes away, start/fold some laundry or other little odds and ends. it is so different from our chaotic early, early mornings in massachusetts.

<><><><>
my new dishes. love them and so glad to get rid of our old ones. gotta love the bx. it has been my one link to sanity!
<><>
<>
our bundle of joy. i've never seen chris so excited to do laundry. the mountain of laundry that once existed is no longer. we negotiated an american washer and dryer into our lease agreement because the korean version is an all in one and it takes 3 hours to do one load. try that with a family of 4 and you never make a dent in your mountain. it is awful.


 so here is a little yummy goodness from korea. it is called yakimandu, which is a korean dumpling. mya was given some as a snack at daycare, which peaked my interest. next trip to the commissary and i was sold. yakimandu is so good. it is a dumpling, but tastes more like an egg roll or spring roll. i am sure they are not good for you, but what you don't know, can't hurt you right? the package is all in Hangeul, so i guess i'll never know ;). this is definitely my favorite korean food thus far.
yakimando
<><><><>
<>
<><><><>
claire helping me make some chip dip.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks like you are settling in just fine. I heard that Sophie found a home with the Mehlhoff's. Eyan and Claire will love her and it's nice because she's now our cousin puppy and we'll get to see her. Take care and take lots of pics to post so we can keep up with you.
Hugs,
Nic
Anonymous said…
Hey,

Thanks for some pics finally. The food looks rather disgusting but I'm glad you like it. I will have to starve while visiting I'm sure. I love you guys and miss ya. Love the boots..they are cute!

Love ya,
J
Anonymous said…
Glad to see pics. Awaiting the house tour via blog....Love the boots! Miss you all.
Love
Lisa
jeannie said…
I am so happy to hear that you guys are finally settling in. I am happy that you like your new job Kara. I can also finally see the pictures you are posting. The girls look happy, Mya does look like she is really enjoying the puddle, and Claire is definitely styling in her new boots.

It was good to see a new post.

love you guys
jeannie
Anonymous said…
A new reader here and I'm in Korea too!!!!!!!!! The first Korea blogger I have seen aside from myself! I have been here since July 27th and I, too, was shnasty when I got off the plane. So sweaty! And the humidity hit me like a ton of bricks!

My husband arranged a bus ride back because of all the luggage, but unfortunately, I had a huge jug of water once I got off the plane and thus only lasted on the bus about 30 minute.Had to go to the bathroom so bad, so we ended up getting off the bus in Uijeongbu to find a bathroom at the train station.

Just took the train home. That was a looooooong day!

xoxoxo
Jennie Pie
"Capturing Sweet in the East"
http://www.jenniepie.com
Anonymous said…
Hey Kara!

Thanks for the comment.
I noticed you actually followed my H6H blog..

My Jennie Pie blog is my new one where I'll be posting on SoKo..What duty station are you all at?

Hope to see you there!

http://www.jenniepie.com

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought