Skip to main content
Our trip to ND has been enjoyable thus far. We had a good flight schedule and managed to land nearly 24 hours later only having encountered one MAJOR meltdown despite alot of lost sleep. We were all excited to see my parents when we landed and I was especially excited to hit my favorite shopping destination--Target. Ahhh, Target. How I've missed you! I walked out of there with some flip flops for the girls (It is very challenging finding decently priced children's shoes overseas. I typically order them, but knowing I was returning to the states, I held off.), and an outfit for each. Our next few days are kind of a blur. We didn't experience jetlag per say. We all have managed to adjust rather quickly to the time change, but are still catching up on our missed sleep with long naps whenever we can manage. I squeezed in a dentist appointment, we took in a trip to the park, opened & played with my birthday presents (I had a WONDERFUL birthday--thank you Chris!), mowed my parents lawn, played, and rode bikes, then left for Bismarck to see my sister Lisa, Phil and their kiddos--Olivia, Luke and Ava. We will be here for a few more days. It has been so nice to reconnect. I love these kiddos like my own and there is simply nothing like a sister! Thankfully I have 3!! They are truly my best friends. Claire and Mya are loving the selection of toys and activities, not to mention the delightful playmates. They are getting along so well. One year makes a world of difference. So far we've made a couple trips to the playground where Mya has continued to show her lack of fear, shopped at all my hot spots, played in the pool, slip and slide, and camped out in the backyard (Claire made it ten minutes after bedtime before she returned inside to Momma's arms :) and a trip to the zoo, which was open despite the recent flooding where they evacuated all the animals and diked immediately behind the zoo. It has been very interesting seeing all of the sandbags around the city. We took a drive down to the river where just a few years ago people docked their boats next to the sandbars, but now the water level is so high that playgrounds are flooded, volleyball courts and parking lots are nonexistant. It is so sad. Minot is in far worse condition, so I can hardly even imagine what that poor town looks like. Minot is where I went to college and where Chris and I met, so it certainly holds a special place in our hearts. Anyway, this trip is going well. We are having a fantastic time and I am loving "home." There certainly is no place like it. Just wish Chris were able to be here. We all miss him so much!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I miss my girls...
Kara said…
Where are you, Chris? We've been waiting for your phone call...
We miss you too! Mya demolished her DQ last night without a word. She was in heaven!
K
Anonymous said…
I think you need to buy a boat. The girls LOVE IT!

Love ya, J

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...