Skip to main content

Happy Half Birthday, Claire!!





It is hard to believe six months have flown by already. It seems like only yesterday we were spending our first night home as a family of three (or four, if you include Harvest) and trying to figure out how to comfort you as you wailed at midnight. We were quick to learn that a midnight drive did the trick. We weren't sure how the rest of our lives would go if we resorted to a drive on night number one. However, thankfully, you've been a dream first baby. Your Daddy and I marvel at how much you've changed and how smart you are. You are everything we could have hoped for in a little girl. You captured both our hearts immediately.We love you and look forward to each and everyday with you. Here are some things you are doing now:
1. You are sitting on your own.
2. You play peek-a-boo. Today you actually began putting the blanket over your eyes and waiting for me to say, "where's Claire" before you took it off. It was so cute, but of course, the battery was dead on the video recorder, so we'll have to wait to capture it on video.
3. You are babbling. Those sounds are music to my ears. You are using mostly ba-ba-ba, but you occasionally throw in a ma-ma-ma. Love it!!
4. You can scoot in your walker. You don't move too far, but you are catching on to moving forward and backward. Your Daddy practicies with you nearly every night. He really wants you to get walking.
5. You scoot backwards when you are laying on your tummy. You aren't able to get your legs under yourself to crawl, but you can move.
6. You have taken a new interest in books. I have always read to you, but you never really focused on the books for long. Now you are looking at each page and sit still as I point to and talk about different pictures.
7. You hold the bottle yourself (most of the time). You are no longer getting "mommy milk," which has been a point of guilt for me. You adjusted well, but caught your first bad cold a week after we made the switch. I felt horrible, but I know that 6 months with no ear infections or other illness is really good.
8. You love to snuggle and hold our hands while you fall asleep. Your Daddy and I love this.
9. You love Harvest. You constantly smile at him and watch him. When he gives you the chance, you also love to pull his hair. He, on the other hand, loves to give you kisses. Kind of gross, so his opportunities limited.
10. You are really into faces. You love to grab our noses and mouths. It is as if you are trying to figure it all out.
Claire, you have changed so much in only six short months. We can't wait to watch you grow as we shower you with love and attention. You truly are our pride and joy.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Erin&Joshua said…
Happy 1/2 Birthday Claire!!! My half birthday is tommorrow, I will be 27 1/2! You have accomplished so much in such a short period of time, Josh and I are very proud of you and your mommy and daddy!
Anonymous said…
Sorry I missed your half birthday. I bet it was so fun. Was it a jammie day?? Your Mom loves those days. I wish you lived closer...it looks like you are an expert sitter now. If you lived closer, your Mommy wouldn't have to search so hard for a babysitter either. Move closer! Tell them Claire. You miss your cousins.
Lisa

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???