Skip to main content

Misery




This has been a week of complete misery---for us all. Claire has been sick. It all seemed well Monday morning, but when I picked her up from daycare, she had a cough, runny nose and eyes. Monday night was a night from hell. She was up nearly every hour, coughing and moaning. We tried steam showers, a cool bath, but nothing seemed to help. She went to daycare and seemed to suffer through. Tuesday night was a copy of Monday. Misery. I stayed home with her on Wednesday. She seemed to be doing better, but later ran a temp of 100.5. We called the nurse like our handy dandy manual says to do (yes, there is a manual--we actually have 2) and she confirmed that we were doing everything right. We ran to Target and got a humidifier. An item that was on our initial pre-baby list, but a purchase that was put off. It was another tough night. Chris stayed home with her on Thursday. It was a copy of Wednesday. Thursday night went better. She cried madly from 11:30-12:45, but we survived. This morning, we got up with the intention of bringing her to daycare, but Claire had other ideas. She was fine until I was trying to do my hair, then she decided to run a temperature---this time of 101.2. We called the doctor's office and they said to bring her in. NP Georgia confirmed her chest is clear, ears are clear, blood oxygen levels are optimal----she has a severe cold. Fabulous! No medicine, just more pain for us all until it decides to pass.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Erin&Joshua said…
awww....poor Claire! We hope you feel better soon . . . we can't wait to see you again.

PS. is there a manual for small dogs?
Anonymous said…
Claire..I told your mom to medicate you sooner!! Sorry she is stubborn! Love ya, Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???