Skip to main content

War Sucks...Bring on our Hell!

We just had some mind-numbing news...the call to duty has been made and Chris answered. I know, what a dumbass. Everyone knows you don't pick up the phone. However, he did, and now we are about to enter different kinds of hell. Chris will be deploying to some godforsaken place and I will be entering the hell of single motherhood. Although I constantly say during my week or two week stints that Claire is great, I have never done the single parenthood thing for a longer period of time or when I was pregnant. I am certain that God will safely return Chris to us, but I only hope that both Claire and I are here to greet him upon his arrival. Who knows!! I could reach my boiling point during one of her fits of independence, which are occuring more and more as of late or she could do me in when I'm too tired to get off my fat butt to play. Either way, 6 months of togetherness could be tough. My greatest fear is that I won't be able to pick up Claire in my later stages of pregnancy. I guess at that point I will be making the plea to my semi-retired Daddy to come for an extended visit, although I am not sure how that will work with seeding. I'm sure Chris has other fears--missing out on 6 months of his daughter's life, missing holidays, missing trips, not knowing if he'll return in time for his second child's birth, missing the entire pregnancy, the fear for his life/safety, missing his wife and life of normalcy. He has already expressed concern about his fantasy football league. I offered to take it over, knowing full well that I couldn't do any worse than he is at the present time, but he declined my offer. I hope to win that battle. I'd love to finish at least 2nd to last--just ahead of Phil. Regardless of my fears, I know we'll all be fine. My family has already expressed their support and offered visits. Our friends have been great too, offering babysitting, birthing coach, overnights, dinners, etc. We are lucky to have such awesome people in our lives. In the meantime I will plot a way to keep Chris home--perhaps one quick blow to his knee with a bat will do the trick?? Remind me of this post when I tell you we are considering staying in the military.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yep..perfect solution..I HATE the military! I will bring Chris home as my first duty in the white house!

Love ya,
Jessica AKA Michelle
Kara said…
Ooo, that's nice. Use your power for good! I saw Michelle last night and I just don't see the resemblance, but Chris claims he could a little.
Anonymous said…
Yeah I dont either...

Jessica
Erin&Joshua said…
Oh goodness - thats tough news to swallow. Please know that you are welcome up here any time (as is Claire, Harvest, and your belly) and that if you just need a day of rest I would love to come down and scoop up your daughter for a trip to the park/mall/etc. Feel free to lean on us until you become a constant fixture in our home - I couldn't be more serious!

As for scrapbooking, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I was trying to get things in order so that we could come but things are just not 100% under control so I can't make plans more than a day in advance. If you are willing, we could move the party to my mom's house (on the cape) the following weekend since I am still sitting for them for a week even if Josh is still having issues. There is plenty of room and plenty of kids for Claire to play with. Give it some thought.
Anonymous said…
WOW!!!! I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I am here if you need me as well. Not sure how much I can help, but anything I can do. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Please be safe. Love you, Kelly
Anonymous said…
Hi -- that sucks about Chris having to leave!!! You can call me any time if you need to vent a little. I'm pretty much a single parent from April to October, so I semi know what you're going through -- I usually only see Kevin long enough to say goodnight and goodmorning. It's definately hard, but just think of the good bonding time that you and Claire will have together before the baby comes.

I think the Michelle thing is all in the mouth area - maybe the smile?? You should do one of your "looks like" meter things Kara....ha ha.

Take care and I'll be here if you need me.
Nicole
Anonymous said…
I was thinking maybe I could come visit in May after I am done with school. Maybe Phil will buy me a graduation trip!
Lisa
Kara said…
THanks for all the support. Like I said, I have the best friends and family!
Lisa, that would be great. I think I am going to go on leave mid-May even if I don't actually have the kiddo yet. I think Mom is coming right away and Jessica mentioned being here too. It would be fun. Claire would love the extra attention. Too bad Ava isn't under 2, so she could finally have her plane ride--for free!

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought