Skip to main content

When it rains it pours...



Life sucks. Plain and simple. As if my husband deploying to some forbidden land isn't bad enough, life had to throw another wrench in the mix. I was cruising to work on Tuesday, marveling at the beautiful foliage, singing to the radio when all of a sudden traffic slowed. I slowed too. All was well---for a microsecond. Suddenly, a 1988 Chevy pickup was macking on my once beautiful 2007 Pathfinder, which caused me to bump into the Toyota Tachoma truck ahead of me. Needless to say, the pretty Pathfinder isn't so pretty, my neck is stiff, we are stuck and life sucks. I went to the ER for my neck and to make sure the babe is okay. It is and I am. Thank God! Chris and I actually saw the little peanut on the ultrasound. Very exciting. That was definitely the silvery lining on this very black cloud. The Pathfinder is in the shop and will be appraised tomorrow. I am waiting to hear if the insurance company of the dork who hit me is going to give me a rental, which they had better because quite frankly, I think Chris will kill me if he has to bring Claire to daycare and pick her up in our pretty little 2-door for any length of time. That and the fact that he is less than pleased with the idea of being a chauffer to me. Oh well. Dire times call for dire measures. I asked my chauffer if we could go to the shop to visit the Pathfinder and collect a few things. He said maybe, so hopefully I'll have a chance for pictures. Until then, I am off the road. What the hell can happen next? I had better not ask as our house has a history of it's own.

Update: We visited the poor Pathfinder. He estimated around $7600 worth of damage. It will be nearly a month until she is as good as new. So sad.

Comments

Anonymous said…
HOLY CRAP that is bad! I am so sorry that happened. Im just thankful that you are alright!

Love,
Jessica
Erin&Joshua said…
thank goodness you are alright. There have been a lot of accidents this week, Josh's mother and grandmother were in an accident two days ago! I am glad that you are alright and I wish your pathfinder well :)
Anonymous said…
Poor Pathfinder. Thankfully you are all right.
Lisa
Anonymous said…
Thank God that you and the baby are ok!! A car is just a car, but it looks like it has a pretty big owie. Hopefully Chris won't have to truck you around for long....
Nicole
April said…
Yikes, you guys. As if you didn't have enough on your plate already! We've been thinking of you.

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought