Skip to main content

Quechee, Vermont





Growing up my family took a number of vacations. One I remember well is our trip to the East coast, which we took with my Aunt Pam and Uncle Rick. It was a great journey, stopping at some pretty awesome places along the way. One of those places was Quechee Gorge in Vermont. I decided Chris should see this place as well being we are so close, so we took a weekend trip up to Vermont. It was nice. We were out of the range for cell phones, didn't have a computer and were far away from civilization. There were only 5 buildings around our hotel, so we were pretty secluded. We went to the gorge where we walked on the trails and wandered onto the rocks near the rapids. Harvest was at the kennel for the weekend, but Claire missed him dearly. Every dog she saw regardless of size or color, Claire pointed and said "Havey, Havey." It was very cute. We also stopped at Cabot Creamery and enjoyed some awesome cheese as well. It was a perfect weekend for leaf peeping.

Comments

Erin&Joshua said…
so it looks like there was no scrapbooking done this past weekend :-)

Glad to hear you hada great little family trip!
Anonymous said…
I think we all need a secluded getaway every now and again; no computers, no cell phones, no internet. So happy you had a nice trip! Glad you had fun at the Cabot Creamery, too. :)

The photos you took are really gorgeous! You have a lovely family. :)
Anonymous said…
NICE...WISH I WAS THERE!

LOve ya,JEssica

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...