Skip to main content

15 Months






I realized it has been awhile since I've posted on Claire's developmental changes. She is just over 15 months, but acts like such a little person.
* Claire sleeps through the night, going to sleep around 8:00 and not waking until 6:00 am. She only fusses for about 5 seconds when we put her down. When she wakes up, she fusses again for 5 seconds to let us know she is awake, but immediately begins to say "Havey,Havey," to which Harvest takes his cue and goes in to see her. It is precious!
* Claire has perfected the spoon. She actually mastered this a couple of months ago, but she has also realized that little baby spoons aren't the quickest tools available and improvizes with her hands.
* Generally, Claire calls all crackers, chips and anything similiar--cookies. She hardly has cookies, but you'd think otherwise listening to her.
* I have the Today show on right now. People in the plaza are waving and Claire is waving back as if they are waving to her. Such a little honey!
* Claire loves to walk in the leaves, which we seem to have plenty of right now. Chris and I rake a pile for her and she wanders through listening to the crunching beneath her feet.
* Her favorite toys are a little dog pull toy like I used to have when I was a kiddo, a beading snake that she can bead herself, a baby stroller & baby, her car, and a 6 compartment pop-up toy similar to one I had as a child.
* She is a smartie. She points to her mouth & ears upon command, answers "wh" questions (what does a duck "ack," snake "thsssss," cow "mmmm," sheep "baba," doggie "wuf" say?), follows one step commands, says well over twenty words. Lately we've been working on family names. She repeats Ava, Luke, Livi, Grammy, Lisa, Jessa, Lolo, Papa, Molly, Meme (which sounds like Mommy), & Grandpa. She also says the kids' names at daycare. One example of her following directions is when we ask Claire to throw her dirty diaper away. She brings it to the trash can in the kitchen. Last week she was carrying around her fleece jacket. Chris told her to put it in the kitchen, to which Claire took it over to the trash can. A little work is needed, I suppose.

Comments

Anonymous said…
She looks so big..I can't wait to see her at Christmas!

Love, Jessica
Anonymous said…
Can she say Uncle Phil's name??
Lisa

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...