Skip to main content

Thank you, thank you, thank you!



Yesterday was a big day at our house. Chris' to do list is long and the jobs are a bit overwhelming. One huge project for one person is the basement. He bought the sheet rock earlier this week with plans to work on it this weekend. However, his Dad called and said he'd like to come visit with Chris's Uncle Bobby. We, generally speaking, ask for little help from anyone, especially his family. I will always ask mine first, and they are exceptional at coming through for us. I encouraged Chris to ask his Dad to help with the basement project, knowing full well that it would take much less time for 2 or 3 to complete than 1. He did and they were more than happy to help. Thank goodness they did. It was a long job for such little work, but with a bit of prep work to do, trimming and alot of cutting, it took time. They worked diligently for nearly 6 hours, but finished 2 rooms plus 1 wall in our laundry room. They were lifesavers! I know Chris would have gotten the job done, but I am guessing it would have taken until mid-Nov. to do so. We ran and bought the tape and mud last night, which will be our project for today. I have high hopes of getting our carpet laid in November. In order to do so, we'll have some busy weekends ahead of us. Thanks again, David and Bobby! We can't thank you enough for your help. You were amazing!

Comments

Hi Kara, Chris, and little Claire!
It was my pleasure to come for a visit and help with a little sheetrocking. It was the least I could do! Consider it a small token of appreciation for the sacrifices that you guys are making for us and our country. Allow me to say THANK YOU to you for that!
You guys have a beautiful home...lots of character and personality! I'm envious!!
Chris, be safe, keep low, and may your time pass rapidly so that you can once again rejoin your family soon.
Our email addy is rfbkhb@yahoo.com. Email us once you get situated over there, and we'd love to send you a little package with goodies from home!
Take care, and may God Bless!!
B
Anonymous said…
Wow, great job..That was really nice they could help you out!

Love ya,
Jessica
Erin&Joshua said…
Hey! I am so glad that the honey-to-do list is getting done. If you ever want to trade off (we come help you for a weekend and then you come help us for a weekend) just let us know!
Anonymous said…
I am glad to here about the support from your dads family. I am sure you felt good about that. Looks like you guys did a good job, and the time spent with your family was priceless.
Anonymous said…
Hey how about Caden for a boy? Jessica for a girl? Or perhap Jesse for a boy? Those are some classics that will not fail!

Love ya,
Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...