Skip to main content

Summer Fun


















Today marks the first day of our summer vacation. No more work, no more school, no more responsibility for a whole three months. Ha. If only... Summer does mark the first day of some good old quality time with my girls. Have I mentioned that I kind of like them? Alot? I had been planning on taking them strawberry picking and then over to Davis Farmland, which is basically in our backyard. Alison happened to ask our plans, so we invited her and Henri along (and Michelle and Lucy too, but they weren't able to make it). This is our second visit already this year, so I decided to buy a season pass. We typically go and visit the animals, feed them and wander around, but today we were able to enjoy the sprinkler park as well. It was a hit. Claire wasn't so sure about water shooting randomly out of the ground, but quickly discovered the thrill of being splashed on a super hot, humid day. Mya and Henri were lovers, of the park I mean, from the start. However, there was a slight glitch. I somehow managed to put Mya's swimsuit on Claire and vice versa. How that girl can still fit in a 12 month swimsuit is beyond me! Neither seemed to care, so I left well enough alone. It was a really fun day, topped off by a nap. Mmmmm. I do love naps. Nothing says a great day off like a nap. So, day 1 is done and we have several more awesome days of vacation ahead.

Comments

Anonymous said…
looks like tons of fun! What is the stuff all over Claires face? Paint?

Love ya,
J
Kara said…
yeah, face paint. she did it herself. can you tell?

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...